Back in June one of the Police Officers that Jake works with had a tragedy hit his family. This story has really hit me hard, and I have felt so much concern for the Wayne family. Thankfully little Kaleb will live, however he is going to have a very hard life. I have created a blog for him .. http://fundraiserforkaleb.blogspot.com
it is currently getting a face lift donated by http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/ if you haven't seen her site you should visit it, it's Jake's cousin, and she is very talented!!
Check out the blog
it will be updated with more information on Kaleb soon, As you can imagine after being up at PCMC for over 2 months and he will be there at least 2 more months, they have mounting medical bills. Please donate if you can! Just a word of warning for all you who have kids, it will break your heart to see his "after" picture. I have cried after looking at his pictures and videos. It is heartbreaking that this poor little 2 year old will have to live with this for the rest of his life!
I feel like I need to mention how lucky Midvale is to have Jake as there FOP President. Jake really cares about all of his co-workers. Not all of them care for Jake, or even support him, but they don't realize how much Jake does on his own time to make the FOP what it is. When he heard about all the medical bills he knew that the family needed help, so he has put together a Law Enforcement BBQ to raise money for the family. He has taken so much of his time to go out to the community and has raised so many donations already. Some monetary, some gifts that will be raffled off to earn even more money! I truly am amazed how much businesses care and how much they are willing to donate to someone they don't even know. I hope the BBQ can be a success and that the Wayne family can be taken care of!!





No comments:
Post a Comment