Jake's Grandpa Cutright passed away this last week. It is amazing the different feelings we all have when it comes to death. Grandpa Cutright was 92 and he lived an amazing life. He was an amazing man, full of faith and dedicated to family and the gospel. I am thankful that my children have had the opportunity to meet all of their great grandparents (Other then Kambria, she never met Grandpa Gotberg :(). This week as we have talked about Great Grandpa Cutright and his legacy Marshall has asked so many questions, and has been very intrigued about all of it. He also has said many times, " I hope when I have kids I have a boy, because I don't want the Cutright name to end. Papa told me I need a boy to carry on the name!" I thought that was so cute, that he remembered that and really wants that to happen.
Today at the funeral Marshall was so cute. He went through the line to look at Great Grandpa Cutright 4 or 5 times. He would stand there and look and ponder and he even wanted to touch his hands. He was so serious and so excited to go look at him. When I asked him why he wanted to see him so much, he replied, "because I didn't get to see him all the time, and I want to see him as much as I can!" We then talked about eternal families and how special it will be when we do see him again. During the funeral, I was crying (because I am a bawl baby), and I looked over and Marshall had a Kleenex and was rubbing his eyes. I just put my arm around him and gave him a big squeeze. I love that Marshall is a sensitive little guy. He truly cares about everyone and has real emotions. At the grave side service he watched so respectfully as they brought out the casket and dedicated the grave. He then wanted to go look closely and get a flower to keep.
I am sure thankful for families. I am thankful for the gospel and the knowledge that we will live together forever! I am thankful for my testimony and the comfort that it brings at times of death. We are thankful for the great example Grandpa Cutright was to our family, and for his dedication to the Lord. He left an amazing legacy for us to follow.





No comments:
Post a Comment