I have always taught my kids about service and why we serve,
and why it is important. I have also
taught my kids why Dad is a police Officer and why they are important. On Sunday when we heard that Officer Johnson
was killed while on duty and was ambushed, I was a mess. My kids didn’t understand why I was so
upset. I told them everything, how he
died, why I felt the way I did, and why I worry about Jake. I didn’t want to scare them, but I wanted
them to know that everytime Dad goes to work he is truly putting his life on
the line to protect and serve our community.
That without Police Officers, this town would be a mess. How many people do you know that before they
go to work they have to put on a Bullet Proof Vest because they don’t know what
is waiting for them?? I wanted to make a
difference, even if small, and do something to help. So Jake and I took the kids to Colonial Flag to
help roll the flags and get them ready.
When we got there they were about done, so we didn’t help much, but our
intentions were good. The following day
Jake was working Patrol in Draper, so I took the kids to Draper to help line
the street with flags. My kids helped
from 6pm to 9pm with hardly any breaks.
They were amazing. We went over 5
miles up hill in the heat and they didn’t complain not even once!! It was an amazing experience and one my kids
will not forget.
This was very emotional, very good experience I will never forget!




















No comments:
Post a Comment