Our 2nd day on the ship was an at Sea Day. So the night before we had stayed up really late and then slept in to take advantage of it. There is always something going on. There are lounges everywhere with piano, or jazz or just singing. So you can just chill or dance or whatever. We ate Breakfast, then just hung around, I think this day we went to BINGO and then just relaxed ate lunch .
When we came back to our room we had an ape hanging from our curtains, I love that they do animals. I mentioned to our stateroom attendant how much I loved it and that I always look forward to see what it will be. He advised that on this ship they only do it every other night to cut down on washing towels. To save the waves!The next day we arrived to Labadee Haiti. This is property that Royal Caribbean owns. It was so much fun. As we pulled in all the workers in Haiti were on wave runners going around the ship waving flags and welcoming us. We went ate some breakfast and then headed onto the island. We had booked a zip line excursion, so we found some beach chairs and claimed those and then we signed in for our excursion. It was really fun. They talk to you forever about it, but once you finally get up there, the zip line is 500 feet high and 2600 feet long. You go over the ocean and land on the beach. Once off the zipline we played in the ocean. They also brought out a buffet lunch for us to eat on the island. It was hotdogs, hamburgers, salad, fruit and stuff like that. After plaint in the water we shopped around to get something for the kids and then went back on the ship and got ready for dinner.
We had 6pm dinner. We had table 340 each night and we were so happy that it was a table for two, because I and especially Jake, do not like small talk. Our servers name was Mary, she was from over seas somewhere and had been doing cruise work for 9.5 years. They work on the ships for 7 months and then get 2 months off. She didn't have any kids because she said she didn't have time for that right now. It is sad how poor 3rd world countries are. These husbands and women work 7 months without seeing there families to earn good money to provide for them and then get to see them for 2 months before they are off again.
This is our ship. It is currently the biggest ship out on the sea.
Here is the pizza shop on the ship, I think this is where I gained my 3 pounds. And had we not taken the stairs instead of the elevator 95% of the time I would have probably gained 10 pounds.
















No comments:
Post a Comment