The Story of Marshall’s Birth from the day we found out to the Delivery. I remember finding out I was pregnant like it was yesterday. I had wanted to have a baby for a while and it wasn’t happening. I had went to the doctor so many times and nothing was ever wrong. We then found out that Jake had to have a surgery done so that we would be able to have kids. Jake had the surgery done in February of 2004. It was the end of May that I had a feeling that I was pregnant. I went to Walmart and bought a test. It showed that I was pregnant. I took another one, it also showed that I was pregnant. I called my sister and asked her if they ever read wrong, she said that normally they didn’t. I then called Jake and told him that I was pregnant. At that moment I was so happy. The following day I went to the doctor and had them confirm that Yes I was pregnant. The nine months that Baby Marshall was in my stomach felt like years. I was filled with excitement and I was also a little scared. I wanted to know what he looked like, if he would be healthy, if everything would work out with work, and if I would be able to care for something so little. The Day finally came on December 19th when I went into the hospital to get induced. I went in at 8:00pm. When I got to the hospital they put some monitors on my stomach to measure the contractions and also to hear the babies heart beat. The nurse hooked me up and then left the room. She came back a few minutes later and asked me if I could feel the contractions. I could not, however they were very strong on the machine, I was in labor and I did not even know it. They then put an IV in me and started me on the Pitocin. At this point I was only dilated to a 3. At about 3:00 am I started to really feel the contractions and they were not comfortable, I then asked to have the epidural. I was very frightened to get that put in, however it really was not bad at all. Jake turned white as a ghost and had to sit down watching me go through the process of the epidural. During the night the nurse came in and had me wear an oxygen mask because the babies heart rate kept dropping. Into the morning still nothing. Whenever I would lay on my left side Marshall’s heart rate would drop so I had to lay on my right side. At about 4:00pm on the 20th they had me start pushing. In the room with me was Jake, My mom, Ary and Jeannine. I pushed for two hours straight with no luck. Marshall was stuck under my pelvic bone, Dr. Hansen tried to Vacuum him out, but still no luck. Dr. Hansen then informed me that they were going to have to do a C-Section. As soon as I was informed of this I was terrified, this was my worst fear with having a baby. I did not want to do this but I knew that I had to. I asked Jake to give me a blessing, I then asked Jake and my mom to come into the OR with me. They gave me some medicine to make me numb higher up then what I was. I then started getting loupe. I pointed at the light at the ceiling and stated that it looked like Maverick. I could not remember what Jeannine’s name was and said, “ Jake’s mom, I can’t remember your name, but I am sorry that you can’t come into the OR with me, whatever your name is.” Once in the OR Jake sat next to me and held my hand the entire time, and talked to me. The medicine that was given to me gave me an allergic reaction, however they did not know that. I was saying the weirdest things, and had no clue what was going on. I would say to Jake, “Lets talk about something serious, lets talk about the kitchen in our new house, I want to do apples, but I don’t know ……” or “I am going to take a nap, good afternoon, good evening . . “ I felt like I had been given a dose of laughing gas times 100. It was a feeling that I don’t know how to explain. Once Marshall came out all I said was, “is he cute? They replied yes, I stated, Do you promise?” When Marshall came out he was not breathing and did not have a heart rate, he had to be resuscitated. Marshall is my miracle baby. I was not able to hold Marshall until the next day at Noon. When they brought him in he was so beautiful and so tiny. I wanted to cry I was so happy. After my surgery I had to go to recovery for 2-3 hours. The nurse would push on my tummy and I would grab her hands and throw them in the air and tell her stop because it hurt. I then remember telling her that I did not want to see anyone, I was too embarrassed because of everything that I was saying. Of course my family is so great, that no body cared they were all just worried about me and Marshall and our well being. --Poor Jake, they would not allow him to see me while I was in recovery and he could not see Marshall either, he was having breathing problems so he was being taken care of. Jake is sure caring and knows exactly how to be a good husband and dad. Once I got back into my room, probably around 9:00pm, I went to bed. The nurses woke me up at 4:00am and made me stand at the side of my bed, that hurt so bad. I then had to walk to the bathroom at about 7:00am as well. Later that day I was up walking (barely). The more I was up the better I felt. Jake stayed with me the entire time at the hospital. Marshall had jaundice so he had to stay under the lights, we were only able to hold him starting on the 22nd when he ate. That was really hard for us, we just wanted our little boy, we had waited 9 long months to be able to be with him. We were then released from the hospital on the 24th. The following day we had to bring Marshall in to get his blood drawn to check on the jaundice. It was still high so the next day same thing, it was then good. Marshall is the greatest blessing in our lives. We are so happy to have him as a part of our family. I am thankful for the priesthood and for Jake for being worthy to be able to give me a priesthood blessing, without that I really don’t know what would have happened. The Lord was certainly watching over us that day and knew that we needed Marshall in our lives. Prayer is amazing and I know without a doubt that Heavenly Father answers everyone of our prayers. I am also thankful for a doctor that is in tune with the spirit and listened to it and advised for the C-section. Marshall is a miracle Baby !!!




No comments:
Post a Comment