Monday, September 26, 2011

Marshall Starts First Grade



I can't believe that Marshall is in 1st Grade!! He LOVES school. He is doing very well in 1st grade. This year we got C track, so we were on for 3 weeks, had a 3 week break and have been back on for 3 weeks. Marshall is enjoying reading, spelling and he loves math. He has gotten 100% on all of his spelling tests. He is doing great with homework as well.






My Mom gave Marshall my desk from when I was a kid so that he had a nice quiet place to do his homework. It is so fun for me. I still remember getting that desk for Christmas one year. How fun that it is being passed down to my kids :) I am so glad that Marshall loves school, and that he is excelling in his work! He also loves recess, what kid doesn't right! Each day he has a story that starts as we walk home from school and doesn't end for 30+ minutes. Most of them are about girls chasing him and how he has to ask other guy friends to join his team to get a break from the girls. I can just picture Marshall running from the girls and it makes me smile. He also loves to join and create clubs.






We just love Marshall and are so thankful he is part of our family. A few weeks ago Jake and I were deep cleaning and we came across Marshall's birth video I had made. We put it in and watched it. I cried so hard. He is meant to be with us here on earth. I have never watched it so closely, but I can't believe how dead Marshall was when he was born. I am amazed that 5+ (and that was with video being edited out) minutes passed before he let out his first cry, and to see the nurses doing CPR on my little guy and trying to be so calm, but seeing the worry in their faces as they worked so hard to save my baby made be bawl. I guess I didn't realize until then just how lifeless he was when they pulled him out of my stomach. The doctor pulled him out (he was blue, no expression, his arms and legs were limp and behind his body) and without any more thought passed him directly off to a few nurses who started working on him, and the doctors started working on me. CRAZY to re-watch that.






But we are thankful that we get to have Marshall as our Son and that we get to raise him righ now, I'm excited to watch Marshall grow even more this year!!!!

No comments: