Jake and I went out last weekend for an overnighter. We had so much fun. We laughed our heads off, we talked, we enjoyed each others company and we came home feeling so refreshed. We went up to Midway and stayed at the Homestead in a little cottage room. We shopped in Park City, went on the Chocolate lovers Train Ride on the Heber Creeper and then we shopped some more on our way home. I suprised Jake with the trip and set the whole thing up. Found a sitter for our kids (which wasn't easy because my parents were on a cruise. Thanks Kim & Ryan).
Today I was out running errands and came home to this on the counter.
when you open it up he also wrote, " Don't forget to share". The funny part is I called him on the phone to tell him thank you and the kids were going crazy. I get this one, this one is mine. I hadn't opened it up, I looked through the top. I said all crazy, NO they are mine, leave them alone. Jake said, did you open it up? I said No, why would I open it up, so I opened it up and thought to myself, this doesn't look any different then peeking through the top, then as I went to close it I saw this ...
and we all laughed our heads off.
So happy Valentines to you Jake! You are such a great husband and you are always so thoughtful. Jake knows that I HATE flowers. I think they are way too expensive, I hate having to remember to water them, and I would rather buy clothes or food with the money :) But the best thing about Jake, is he doesn't need a holiday to tell or show me that he loves me, he does it all the time. He randomly shows up to work and brings me treats. He tells me and shows me daily that he loves me. He is really good about that, and I need to learn from his example.
So there is another kind of love that I have learned. I have always been a kind person (I think). But my calling, compassionate service, has really made me come out of my comfort zone. I am pretty shy if I don't know you. I like to mind my own business, I don't need to know what is going on with other people's lives, that is personal, and I don't want to intrude. So with this calling I have had the oppurtunity to get to know alot of families I probably wouldn't have gotten to know otherwise. I have seen heartache at a new level, I have felt the spirit guide me in what to say and how to help. I have cried more then I normally would for these people I don't even know. I love my calling .. it has been hard and I have wanted to be done with it, but man it has showed me how giving poeple around me are, how amazing of a ward family I have, and has turned me into even a bigger cry baby. It has truly made me LOVE my life and cherish every moment of my Life. You never know when your time will come to leave this earth and I know without a doubt I do not want to have any regrets. So Love with all your heart and all your soul and accept everyone for who they are, because we have no idea what struggles they are facing and we have no idea how much our smile or our hello will change the day they are having!







No comments:
Post a Comment