I love my Dad. My Dad is such a good person, and is so kind, service oriented, helpful, fun and great. Growing up my worked a lot of Sundays, so it was my Dads job to get us kids to go to church. Well he did a good job, because if we didn't go we had to watch his bible class with him and it was SO BORING!!
My Dad has always supported us in everything that we have ever done. He has been to all of the grand kids baby blessings, baptisms, activities, everything!
My Dad has never shown interest in the church, fact is he has always said he will not join the church. I think the majority of us had given up on him ever joining, except my Dads home teacher and my Grandma Gotberg. My Grandma Gotberg always gave my Dad the ensign and she would put little articles inside she thought he would enjoy. My Dad's home teachers have always loved my Dad for who he was and never judged him or treated him different. They would give a lesson, and chat and they were friends with him. His neighbors the same way. I dare say that my Dad never felt like a project in his ward, people just loved him for the nice guy that he is. He would go to activities with my Mom, and they have a group of friends they go on ATV rides with that are all members. They have some good friends that they have went on cruises with. I just really admire my parents ward, because no one has ever pressured my Dad, or treated him different, they have just loved him.
Well I got a call from my Mom one night, she said I thought you would like to hear the conversation I just heard. My Dad asked my Mom to call my Moms mom (Grandma Gotberg), and then he took the phone. Dad said to Grandma Gotberg, do you remember when I told you that if I ever decided to join the church that you would be the first one to know? Well I am joining the church!
None of us even knew he was investigating, researching or anything. But he had been for some time. he read the book of Mormon in 10 days, prayed and he knew the church was true and that he wanted to join. I WAS IN SHOCK FOR A FEW WEEKS! He immediately started the discussions with the missionaries and committed to baptism. All this in 3 weeks. On November 28th, 2015 My Dad was baptized. Jake was the one to baptize him. It was such a special day for me. I love my Dad so much, and the thought of being able to be sealed as a family one day, was so amazing. Jake then confirmed him the next day. The blessing was so great, Jake did amazing.
This Sunday, December 27th, My dad is going to be receiving the Priesthood.
Such an amazing day, and such an amazing thing! I feel guilty for giving up, it taught me a lesson, and that is that just by being an example and living your life as you should, can influence someone.





No comments:
Post a Comment