Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Brandy's Sob Story

So I thought I would update about myself. As many of you know, having a baby is hard for me. We were so blessed to have Marshall, when I look back I realize what a miracle Marshall was. Jake had to have surgery, I was on clomid, but after trying for 3 or 4 years, I finally had Marshall. He was born basically dead, but was revivied. I truly believe the blessing I was given before I went to have my C-Section is the reason Marshall is here. We thank Heavenly Father daily for having Marshall in our lives.
So now that we are ready to have a 2nd child, and we have been trying for 2+ years now, still no luck. I think . . . It has to be Jake, no way is it me. Because I am so stubburn I refuse to have any tests done, but I take the clomid as instructed, only I don't listen and I don't get my blood checked. I stopped taking the clomid, because I could not stand the side effects. Those would include, breaking out, gaining weight, crazy hormones, everything makes me cry or scream. Poor Jake and Marshall.
I finally decide, I am so frustrated and just want to get pregnant, so I become serious. I went to the Dr. again. He said we will do 3 months of clomid and then we will do in vitro. So my first month of clomid I go and get my blood tested and I am at a 1.3 level. I think great . . . . the dr. says, "not great, you need to be at least a 9 or 10. So they put me on a double dose of clomid (It must have leveled our my hormons, because I was more pleasant to be around.) So this last Monday, I go and have my blood drawn . . the lady was horrible, she missed like 3 times, was twisitng the needle in my arm, it hurt so so so so bad. But today I get the call I have been waiting for from the nurse, she states "Your levels look wonderful! They are 23. " Yes me 23 when the month prior I was 1.3. So that makes me happy, we are headed in the right direction. So we will wait 1 week and then see if I am pregnant, if not that is totally fine, we will do the same dose of clomid again, and hopefully we will have good luck!!
I am thankful for Jakes patience with me and his love. If I were him, I probably would have moved out of the house by now, a hormonal women isn't fun to be around. I am glad he loves me so much. I have never had to say I am sorry to Marshall so much as these last 3 months . . .my patience level with him was at a bout a zero. I love my family and hopefully one day we will have an addition. Anyways that is my sob story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Brandy I have high hopes it will happen for you two very soon. Good luck with the clomid.