So we are building an RV pad on the side of our home so we can bring over our trailer one of these days. It has been a lot of work. A lot of evenings where we could have done something, but instead we were so lucky to go outside and dig dirt (Herriman dirt, that would be 90% rocks, 5% boulders & 5% dirt)and bring it back to make it level. Plus in this area where we are digging, there used to live 3 beautiful huge trees. The roots were out of control and all tangled in all of these rocks, dirt. We had to dig down a good 6 inches just for the gravel and cement. So we had to dig far down. NOT FUN!! We thought we were really close. Randy came over to see our progress and said, "Call me in a month or two when you are ready for cement." I thought, Are you KIDDING me?? Needless to say within a week we rented a mini excavator and got the Job done. We then had the gravel delivered, the pile looks small, but it took about 6 grown men and a good 2 hours to scoop it into the wheel barrels and move it on back. I was so glad Jake's friends came to help him, I really didn't want to be part of it. I had the fun part of cooking the hamburgers and hot dogs!! Well we are so close to being ready for cement and it has only been 2 weeks, not 2 months, so we are happy!!! Here is Jake enjoying his "Tonka" truck for the few hours we had it!! I'll a post a picure of the final project when we are done. It is going to look so nice!! 






No comments:
Post a Comment