Monday, May 4, 2009

Wonderful Husband

So our blog always seems to be about the kids, which is the most fun, but you must know about my Wonderful Husband as well!! Yes he will probably think I am a dork for this post, but I don't care, here we go ................. I am SO PROUD of my husband, he is the best guy around. He supports our family and works his butt off to do it (literally he has not butt :0) ) in addition to many many hours a week at work and more hours at work and being on call for work he is going to school to get his Bachelors Degree, and then if that is not enough he decides to go and fight for the officers rights and become the FOP (Fraternal Order of Police) President for the Midvale Lodge. This is something that is volunteer, on his own time (does he have free time??). But in all seriousness, Midvale was going down hill so fast, no one cared about nothing. It seemed like there was no hope and life at Midvale would plane old suck, well Jake saw how the morale was, saw that the current FOP was doing nothing other then causing more contention, so he talked with a bunch of guys to find out if he had the support and then he informed the current FOP President that everyone wants a change and he is now the FOP President. It took a lot of courage on his part, but he loves it and already things are improving!! I am so thankful to have a husband that loves me so much, that loves our kids so much and that honors his priesthood. The other day we were organizing, our life when we are home at the moment, and we came across my journal from my high school/college days, we started reading it and it was a bit embarrassing. There was an entry where I listed all the characteristics of the man I want to marry and I would have to say that Jake has ALL of them plus MORE!! I am so lucky to be married to someone that treats me so good and would do anything for me! I am so glad that he has the desire to change his department and make it better. He could easily get hired on somewhere else, but instead he will use his free time to better where he is, and hopefully down the road we will see the benefits from it. I love my husband, I love my kids, they are my life, I love to spend every minute with them. If there is one thing that I love to do, it is be with my Family, Travel with my family, Camp with my family, anything that involves being and talking with them. With Jake so busy it sure gets lonely for me at the Cutright home, but I know in 2 years the blessings from the sacrifice we are making will be so worth it! I do have my children which I love and love taking care of, but sometimes I do need a bit of adult time. So if you ever call and get stuck on the phone with me, and you didn't plan that, I am sorry .... you were a listening ear :0) I could go on forever about Jake and my kids, but I will save you the long post, so this is all for now, but there is more to come, we have Jake's award ceremony for work (not sure if he will get an award, but he does deserve one), Our getaway to Disneyland (yes just the two of us .. cry cry already missing baby girl ...) and then a wonderful trip to Yellowstone (Can't wait, so excited, 6 days away with not worries, in a beautiful area). So don't worry, as if I don't bore people enough I have much more to come.

1 comment:

Alison said...

I agree! Your husband is a great man and very generous of his time and talents to the people of Midvale. He is a fair and honest police officer and is faithful to his family. By continuing his education he is becoming an even more qualified officer and provider for his family.
I love you Jake, keep up the good work! I am so proud of you. Brandy- I am proud of you too for staying home and being such a supportive wife and great mother.