Saturday, May 23, 2009

Yellowstone Park Vacation

Let me start out by saying this was a FUN trip!! We went up and stayed in a super fabulous Resort Hotel Wyndham Resorts. We had a 2 bedroom with 2 baths and a kitchen. There was a kiddie pool, regular pool and 2 spas. A game room and kiddie play area. It was a fantastic time. The Moss' joined us on the trip, it was fun to have them with us. Marshall and Addie had a blast, by the end Addie was chasing Marshall to give him kisses.
Our first day up the park we saw 2 bison, they are huge, and they were crossing the river, they then continued on to cross the road. They are so slow a few times they would be in the road and we would be stopped for several minutes until they choose to move out of our way. It was a lot of fun to see. Marshall was so excited.
As we continued up the road we saw hundreds of more bison as well as hundreds of elk.
This Buffalo was giving the bird a ride! How nice of him.We went into a gift shop that had a huge bear, so we took a family photo :0)
The following day we came across a grizzly bear, that was really fun to see on the side of the road.
We stopped to view this beautiful water fall ... Gibbon Falls

We saw Old Faithful.
That evening we went swimming. Because of my Gall Bladder surgery I was not allowed to swim, so I sat and watched and took the pictures. Marshall is getting to be quite the swimmer and Kambria enjoyed it as well. Jake and Jon like to make fun of them selves, too bad I wasn't down one night, they put kid floaters around there waists and jumped in saying cannon ball, DORKS!!

We also went to a a place and I can't think of the name where there is a bridge and you can see a lot of fish and we saw a Muskrat. We took a small hike to take some pictures, it was very very pretty.


For me one of the more scary things that we did was going on a Bear Hunt, and yes I did sing the song in the car ...... we were told that there were 3 grizzly bears and 2 black bear that were living in the Forrest about 2 miles from where we were staying, we were also told that from 730pm to dusk they walked a certain path and you could see them, we thought that would be awesome. So we followed the map we were given which led us on a dirt road, and then back into the Forrest really deep and I was a bit nervous, but it just kept going and going and suddenly it was getting dark and darker and the trail was never ending, it did finally loop around and we thought we were getting close to the main road, well what appears?? No not a bear but a snow bank that looks to be tall and not crossable. There was a chain fence and a tiny path of dirt so we did our best and crossed without getting stuck in the snow and did make it out, but I was so scared and so anxious, it was horrible. Luckily we did not run into any bear. In the light I would have been all good with seeing those bear, but in the dark, no thank you!!
There are so many pictures, and many more things that we did and saw. I will have to do a part 2, I am exhausted and off to bed.

2 comments:

Olivia Jane Designs said...

How fun!! I still haven't been and have always thought it would be so fun! Thanks for sharing the pictures- Kambria and Marshall look adorable, as always :D

Amber said...

FUN! We Gotbergs have never been to Yellowstone...it looks incredible, and sounds like you had so much fun!

As for the toe-sucking...ha ha ha...so cute. Brian was a toe sucker... there's this picture of him when he was like 2... :) ha ha ha...don't tell him I told... :)