Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Kids say the funniest things!

This afternoon we were just hanging out at the house and the conversation went like this:
Marsh - only a few more months and it will be my birthday MOM.
Mom - yep 4 more months and then you will be 5!
Marsh - 2 more months MOM! (hmmm, more like 4 but okay)
Mom - in a pretend crying voice ... I don't want you to be 5, cause then you will go to Kindergarten and that means I am old, and I will miss you.
Marsh - Well I am going to be a MAN mom, so stop crying.
Mom - thinking to myself, well okay then, I'll just stop crying!!!!!

........ EARLIER THAT MORNING

Marsh - Kambria's shirt is so cool (just a striped shirt, nothing special)
Mom - yep pretty cool
Marsh - That's not fair, my shirt is so Lame!!
Mom - Your shirt is great Marshall, it has a dinosaur on it and at preschool today you are talking about dinosaurs, how cool!
Marsh - NO MOM ..... LAME!!!!! (Lame was said more like LLLLLAAAAAMMMMMEEEE! He had to make sure I understood.

So today I have learned 2 things. Marshall is going to be a Man one day, and his clothes are so lame!! Oh the joys of being a Mom.

And while I am thinking about it. Why do we want our kids to crawl/walk/talk anyway??? I want Kambria to crawl so bad, now that she is, I want her to stay mobile. I put her down for a minute so I can get something done, and she crawls to where I am, yep pretty silly. It is cute though. If the door knocks she starts crawling in super fast mode, its like she is racing Marshall to get there first. She is just like Marshall, door knocks/rings she has to see who it is :0) Kambrias newest thing. Get into crawl position and then stick butt in air so she is in the upside down letter V shape. Super funny, really hope she doesn't start crawling this way!!!

Anyway, that's all for now, just wanted to write these couple things down so I don't forget ..... my memory is getting bad, well it always has been, isn't anything new.

3 comments:

Olivia Jane Designs said...

LOL that is so stinkin cute. AND it just made my day :) I'm glad you shared... Marshall is a crack-up! Love you guys!

Amber said...

ha ha ha... I love kids say the funniest things posts! They never fail to crack me up! That Marshall, I tell you what... :) LoVe it!

Colin and Ranie said...

So cute! They make me laugh.