Sunday, December 20, 2009

5 years Old

Happy Birthday Marshall!
I can't believe that Marshall is 5 years old ... time goes way to fast.
We sure love Marshall and we are so thankful that he is in our family. It took us a long time to get pregnant, and it was very emotional, but I wouldn't trade that for anything. When I found out i was pregnant I really didn't believe it, I took probably 4 or more tests and then the next day went to my Dr to make sure it was really true. I am a bit forgetful, but I remember the day very well. The night of the 19th we went over to the Cutright Home and Jake gave me a wonderful blessing, we then headed over to the hospital to be induced. I was already in labor and didn't even know it. Needless to say I was in labor for 24 hours, pushed for 4 hours and then Marshall became stuck and his breathing was not good, so they took me in for an emergency C-section. I had an allergic reaction to one of the medicines that they gave me, so I was all weird, Marshall was born and a code blue was called. He wasn't breathing. After a long 5 mins or longer .... Marshall was just fine. He was in the Level 2 Nursery for several days, but he is healthy and has never had any problems. We are so lucky, and so blessed.
Marshall is an energetic 5 year old. He takes after his dad and loves video games, he is very smart at them as well. He loves transformers, bakugans, Lego's and he really enjoyed playing soccer this year! Marshall is very stubborn, if he doesn't want to do something he isn't going to do it! He he in Preschool again this year and loves it. He loves to learn, sing and loves doing art projects. I often times find him in the office with my scrapbook stuff making airplanes, castles, or whatever his imagination can come up with. He loves to help me make stuff, and he enjoys helping me cook as well. He loves playing waiter. He will take our order, write it on the notepad and then go and cook it up on his oven and bring it out to us. He will check on us and ask how it tastes. He is so fun!! He is full of life and energy and we just love him!!! The past month Marshall has started to become less picky. He will at least try what is for dinner and has started to really eat most everything ... YEAH for Mom. Next Year Marshall will start Kindergarton, that is so weird to me, he is excited and know he will excel. Marshall can count to 100 with little to no help at all. He can tell time, he can sound out some words, he can figure out puzzles very well. He really is a smart kid. And we all know that he says the most random, funny things!! He is learning to make friends and has so much fun having play dates. His most favorite friend right now is a little boy in the ward Tyler. They have a blast together. Marshall will say he is his best friend. They play all the time! They are both 100% Boy when they are together ... CRAZY, is what that equals. We are so happy for all that Marshall has accomplished this year and look forward to another great year with him.

No comments: