Sunday, December 13, 2009

Date Night

Last night Jake and I went with the Moss' on a wonderful night out. Thank you to my parents for watching our kids for 6 hours!! We appreciate you so much :)
The night started out by heading over to 5 Guys! After some delicious burgers and being 100% full of grease, we headed downtown.
Jake and I took the freeway, we did not know that the freeway was closed at 600 N, so the traffic was horrible to say the least. We finally made it downtown and the traffic was even worse! Just imagine .... 20,000+ headed to the conference center, another several thousand to the Energy Solutions Center, plus all those people to see the lights, and you have instant chaos downtown. We could not find anywhere to park, so Jake dropped me off, because I was meeting a gal on the corner of West/North temple to drop off a pan I had made for her. Well finally at 6:50 I found the lady in her van in traffic. Stopped at a light about 5 cars back, so I ran through the cars and passed the pan through the window, that had to look funny!!
Anyway, Jake parked about 5 blocks away, we headed in line to see The Wondrous Gift of Christmas with Natalie Cole and David McCullough. Neither Lisa or I had brought our purse, so we were able to go into the express line to get in :), well who would know you had to go through a metal detector to get in. Jake had his gun with him, so he asked an usher what he was to do, he said you can't bring it in!! Are you kidding me, we are parked 5 blocks away, like he wants to leave his gun in the car in SLC. So they called for security, security came and they just had to have 2 guys check is Police Id, Badge and we were good ... so much for the express lane :)
Once we were in, we found a lovely seat and we enjoyed a wonderful concert! Natalie Cole has an amazing voice, and we all know the Mormon Tabernacle Choir is amazing, as well as the orchestra. I would have to say My most favorite number was the organ solo, he was amazing!! I didn't care much for the dancing, but Loved the music!! We had such a lovely night. It was fun to hear all the Christmas songs, it really brings the spirit of Christmas to life!
Now for the week ahead, it will be busy busy busy!!

1 comment:

Lisa M said...

Thanks for letting us join you! It was wonderful!