Wednesday, April 21, 2010

ICE ICE Baby

Some of you have heard, but some of you Non-Facebookers may have not heard. Jake is now working part time with the ICE (immigration Customs enforcement) Team. In a few months they may cross deputize him as a federal agent. If they do, Jake will go to DC for 2 to 4 weeks for training. And of course I would try to make arrangements to join him for a few days to a week. And yes .... Amber I would ask you to be my tour guide!!
Anyways, we are super excited, it is a great opportunity for Jake, and they treat him so good. They have bought him gear, and he has an office downtown in their building. They basically are looking for bad illegal aliens and then they deport them. It is with the violent crimes, so it may be a bit scary for me at times, but I know that Jake is excited and is going to LOVE having this experience. Finally Jake's Spanish is paying off for him!! I mean it has always paid off because he can communicate with The Spanish speaking community, however now it will pay off as far as making some extra money!!

No comments: