Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day


I am so thankful for my Mom. I have a Mom that would do anything for me! My Mom has taught me so much. She is so talented, and she loves to share her talents with us kids. My mom on her days off will come over and help me clean my house, make food, make crafts and just be with me.

I think one of the most important things that my mom has taught me is service. Anytime anyone needs anything she doesn't even hesitate, she just helps them. She makes meals for others, often. Brings goodies to her neighbors. She is a wonderful Visiting Teacher who goes every month and most always brings them something. But she has taught me this great thing, and I am thankful. I love to take care of other people, I actually enjoy it ... and I know it is because of my Mom. If someone is sick, or someone needs help, I love to help them.

My mom is a great cook, and I am striving to be a good cook. She always had a hot meal for us when we were growing up. My dad would get home from work and we would all sit down and eat together, I don't know if she knows this, but that was special to me, and I really enjoy doing that with my family! I feel like it is a reward for Jake, a thank you for working so hard today! And then to sit with them all and talk about our day!!

I am thankful for my mom and Love her very much!!

I am also thankful for Jake's Mom. She is an amazing women! I am thankful for how she raised her children. She raised Jake to be a great man. He truly treats me right and takes great care of us, and I know it is because of his Moms teachings. Jeannine would do anything for anyone without thinking of herself. She is so helpful and caring and never complains!!! She has great faith and I admire her for that.

I am also thankful to be a Mom. I think Motherhood is the greatest Joy on earth. As I type this Kambria is sitting next to me and she is wiping her plate of Mac & Chz all over her hair!!! But I still love her. But I truly do think it is the greatest Joy, I honestly can't imagine my life without my children. Sometimes my kids drive me crazy and I wonder why I ever wanted kids :) but 99% of the time they are perfect and I am ever so grateful to my Heavenly Father for trusting me with Marshall and Kambria. I am glad that I get to be at home with my kids everyday (even though I work by watching kids at my house), I am thankful that Jake works so hard that we can survive this way! I can't imagine missing the little things that my kids do, I love them. I also love getting to see Jake be a Dad, he is the greatest Dad ever!!

Being a Mom is certainly challenging and you have to be very patient and very caring. I hear stories from Jake about child abuse and I honestly can't imagine how anyone could harm there child, it sickens me. Heavenly Father has trusted us to love them and take care of them, how could we not.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone, I hope you had a great day like I did!!

No comments: