Friday we set up the water slide and two of the kids I tend and Marshall played forever. Lisa and her kids joined us and later Natalie and her kids headed over. It was a nice warm, overcast day! I think this summer I am going to set that up more often. What a fun cheap activity for the kids to enjoy!!
That night my Mom offered to watch the kids so that Jake and I could go to dinner. I took her up on that offer. Jake has been so busy at work. On Tuesday they had a shooting so he has been working long hours trying to investigate and find his shooter. On Tuesday he worked13.5 hrs, Wed he worked 14 hours, Thurs 15 hours and then Friday which was his day off he ended up working 17 hours, and today Sunday he is at work doing reports and booking evidence for who knows how long. So Jake and I were eating dinner and he got a call saying that the van they were watching was on the move. He had to leave so he could go follow and hopefully pull the guy over and arrest him. I stated it would be lots of fun to go with, he said I could, and my Mom agreed to watch the kids for a while longer.
Metro Gang was helping him in arresting them, he is a big time gang member. So there were probably 12 undercover cars in the area of where the van was, it had stopped at a house so everyone was just scattered watching what they did. The Van then left and they were pretty sure the driver was the shooter so they followed, the Van then realized it was being followed and made a U turn, they pulled into a gas station at which point all of the Police vehicles turned on lights and sirens and surrounded this vehicle (boxed them in) ... all the officers jumped out with guns drawn running towards the suspects. They all fled into the gas station so they all ran into the store after them. I am left in the car shaking like a little girl, I reclined my seat backward so no one could see me. I was afraid someone would come out the other door and see me and take me hostage LOL. It was so cool to see and so scary at the same time. It makes me realize how dangerous Jake's job is and how much Law Enforcement works together!!!! Two of the men in the Van were the two suspects Jake wanted. After interviewing him for two hours he admitted to the crime!! Way to go Jake!! Jake is dedicated to his job and he is so good at what he does. He is a very good interviewer.
Saturday Marshall had soccer where he scored 1 goal and then dribbled the ball all the way down and went to score but another team member kicked it in, so we counted it as a goal as well, because it would have been. We came back home and we cleaned, bleached our house, it was so clean and what a good feeling to have such a clean house!! That night we went grocery shopping and then just hung out together and went for a walk.





1 comment:
Whew! You are one brave girl. There is no way in the world you'd get me out on an undercover mission!! What an adventure!!
I'm glad you guys are having fun. I'm excited to see everyone at Meg's reception!!!!!
Post a Comment