On Tuesday we headed over to the lake to play. We went to the East Idaho side to some private property, BJ knows a guy that owns a cabin there, and played for a long time. It was nice because you had the beach and then a shallow area of water and then beach and then the lake. And you could go out into the lake forever until it got deep. The kids loved the shallow area, it was warm and just the right depth to play in. Jake and Jon did get a bit wild and they would play frisbee and who ever lost had to do silly things. I am sorry boys, but the picture will be posted!!! We had such a good time. The weather was perfect and the kids had a blast.
There were also a few moments where I was terrified. One of the days we were down at the lake (I think it was Sunday) and it was getting time to go back to the camp. The waves were picking up in the wind, and we noticed clear out past the buoy there were some people that needed help, they were in a little raft and they were stuck out there and were getting pushed further and further into the lake. My Dad was out on the wave runner and started over to them. Jake and I jumped on the other wave runner and my cousin got us a rope. We got out there and it was a 4 year old, 7 year old and a 9 year old, NO life jackets, clear out there, where it was deep. As we pulled them into shore there was a group of adults trying to swim out to them, but it was deep and none of them had life jackets on either. The mother was bawling and was so scared, she was yelling at them, asking them what they were doing, she didn't even realize that they had gotten in the raft and she could never had been able to get there in time to help them. She was so distraught. As we rode past her to bring them to shore it really hit me how concerned she was, my eyes got super watery, because I could not even imagine losing a child that way!!! I am so thankful it ended the way it did and that we were still there so that we could help them back to safety.
Well Wednesday at the lake kambria was getting very comfortable with the water. Getting a little more daring, so we were watching her super close. We made sure she had her life jacket on and kept her in sight and a good distance to us. We were out in the water throwing the frisbee. The water was up to my knees at most,and up to Kambrias waist. She was standing right next to me. I looked at her and she was fine. I literally turned my back to her for 5 seconds to throw the frisbee and when I turned back around she was face down in the lake floating. My heart stopped and I was in utter shock. I immediately grabbed her and she was 100% fine, however I couldn't believe how fast accidents could really happen. We were being so careful and had her right by us, and in 5 seconds time frame we could have lost her. It was the scariest thing that has happened to me. I took her back to the chair and just cuddled her and held her and tried not to cry. I think about families that this has happened to, complete accidents and I have no idea how they can handle that. I would have been devastated. We have had a few weird things happen to us this trip and we are ever so thankful that they all turned out how they should.





No comments:
Post a Comment