Thursday we were a bit tired of the water so we stayed and hung out around camp. for lunch we went over to a pizza joint, it was so yummy. It was connected to a chocolate store. Marshall got him and the cousins chocolate covered Marshmellows, I got Chocolate covered cinnamon bears!!
Monday, July 26, 2010
The last days of Bear Lake
On Thursday the rest of Jake's family arrived to Bear Lake. We again played at the lake, Grandma Cutright brought up a bunch of crafts for the kids to do, and we ate good food. Friday we played at the lake and BJ and Nat rented some wave runners. Of course it was the windiest day and the waves were huge. I only went out of the wave runner for a minute because it was too wavy for me. Jake and BJ rode them to and from the west to the east of the lake and that night and next day they were so sore. Friday night Jake and I and the kids went for a walk, on our way back we noticed a fire starting on the west mountain. It grew rather large and was pretty interesting to watch burn. Marshall has such a tender heart and was so concerned about the fire. he wanted to know that he firemen would be okay, and that they could get it out before anyone got hurt or lost there homes. When we went to bed, he was sure to remember night time prayers and wanted me to say it. I did ask that everyone fighting the fire and near it would be safe from harm and all. However when I was done he was disappointed that I didn't ask for the fire to be put out. I had to remind him that Heavenly Father knows our thoughts and he knows that Marshall is thinking that and everything will be okay. When we woke up the first thing Marshall wanted to do was to look over at the fire, and to his surprise it was totally out. I think it was a huge learning tool for Marshall. We then went and drove by and the firemen did a super good job of containing the fire. It stopped right before a farm, which would have been destroyed. Not sure what caused the fire, but it spread quickly. Saturday we played at the lake and then Sunday we headed home. We had such a fun time this year at Bear Lake. We were all healthy and happy. We had a few problems getting up there, we wondered if heavenly Father was trying to tell us to stay home, but we learned to have faith and trust that everything would work out, and it did!! I love my little family and I am so glad we were able to spend so much time together and grow closer as a family.
Thursday we were a bit tired of the water so we stayed and hung out around camp. for lunch we went over to a pizza joint, it was so yummy. It was connected to a chocolate store. Marshall got him and the cousins chocolate covered Marshmellows, I got Chocolate covered cinnamon bears!!

Thursday we were a bit tired of the water so we stayed and hung out around camp. for lunch we went over to a pizza joint, it was so yummy. It was connected to a chocolate store. Marshall got him and the cousins chocolate covered Marshmellows, I got Chocolate covered cinnamon bears!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment