Sunday, January 9, 2011

Well Child Visits and more

Our kids had their well visit check ups and all is well.

Marshall:
weight-34.6 lbs 1.02% ... He is still so small but the Dr isn't worried because he always has been small and he is eating.
Height - 43in 11.11% ... looks like he has my genes with the shortness.

Marshall is doing great. He is smart and healthy.
Marshall is going through a disobedient stage right now, its not alot of fun. He lies a lot and acts out. Something I want to write down is this (because I don't want to forget it):
Jake and I were downstairs watching a movie and the kids were upstairs watching a movie. We can hear them, she we heard a lot of laughing and talking and jumping. Then all of a sudden Kambria was crying super hard. I go up to check on them and meet them both on the stairs. Kambria has a big cut on her neck. Marshall is consoling her ... poor Kam did you bonk, what happened? I said Marshall what happened? M- she was tickling me and she must have hurt herself. Me- obviously something happened because she has a cut on her neck, what happened? M- I don't know Me- DO NOT LIE, you are going to be in BIG trouble if you lie to me. M- well wait a minute (and then as serious as possible) if I tell the truth am I still in BIG trouble? Me- trying not to laugh, if you tell the truth you may still get in trouble if you did something wrong, but nothing like what would happen if you lie. M- okay, okay, well Kam was bugging me so I put my toy tool around her neck and it scratched her ......
It was a great teaching moment!!
The other day Jake put him in timeout, he took his chair and dresser and threw them around the room, as well as toys. Can we say no self control!!! That was also a great teaching moment. He is still a great kid, he must just be trying to figure out who he is and how to control his emotions!!!!! We love Marshall!

Kambria
Weight: 24.8 lbs 25.47%. she eats well, but she is always on the go, and I think this shows that. She is slimming right down.

Height: 34.5 Inches 70.23%. I think she will end up being taller then Marshall!!

She is doing great. She is smart and doing everything that a 2yr old should be doing. We just love Kambria and all of her craziness.
We just transitioned her to a toddler bed and she has done AMAZING. The first night she woke up only once at 1:30am, i tucked her back in and she fell asleep. The second night she took about 15 mins to go to sleep, kept wanting to go get a drink in the kitchen or tell everyone good night again. She also kept asking for chocolate and a snack (she loves chocolate as much as her mom), But once she fell asleep she didn't wake up until 7:30am. She is down right now for a nap and didn't fight it at all. I love that she is growing up!!
Tomorrow we are starting potty training. We are going to do a 3 day deal. She will be in big girl underwear. I know there will be accidents, but I know she will catch on fast. I hope this is an end to diapers very, very soon!!!!

No comments: