Sunday, January 30, 2011

Ski Date

This Year we didn’t have a lot of extra money to spend on ourselves for Christmas. We wanted to be able to get one another a present but didn’t want to waste money on something the other person wouldn’t want. So we decided it would be fun to A. Get tickets to 2 Jazz games and get shirts. We love the Jazz, and love going to the games, so we felt like this would be a great present. B. We wanted to recreate our 1st date. Now when I say first, I mean after the mission. Our first date was up skiing and my mom actually paid for us LOL. My brother works up at Solitude and was able to score us some free passes for the day. We had BOGO coupons for ski rental and packed some lunches. It was such a fun date. My Mom so kindly watched the kids for us the whole day. Back 10 years ago, I used to ski a lot and I was really good at it. I haven't been for 10yrs. We headed up the ski lift and went down okay, just getting the hang of it. We went again and took a different path and ended up at a very beginners lift, so we pushed our selves down to the right lift and went up again. We tried a different route again and ended at a completely different lift, with no way to get where we originally started. But we could tell that from this lift we could work our way over to where we were. So we headed up, and on the journey up I began to get very nervous, the hills were a lot more steep then I was comfortable with, but it was the only way down!! So we decided to just take it very slow going from right to left. I was a lot more slow then Jake. As we are going down this monster hill Jake looks back to make sure I'm okay, and next thing you know he is flying head first down the hill, ski's fly over head and one of them go way down the hill. Ski patrol must have seen it happen, come flying down make sure he is okay (which thankfully he was), and then fly down and stop his ski and stick it into the snow. I make my way over to Jake and we attempt to get his ski's back on. It was so much work, poor Jake was so tired. So we finally make it down and we are both tired. My calves and thighs were on fire. So we head to the van and sit in the back and eat our lunch. We were both laughing so hard at ourselves. Who knew that 10years later I would be so out of shape that after 1.5 hrs of skiing I was dead. We headed back to the hill and went down several more times. After 3.5 hours total my legs were jello! There was no way in the world I would have been able to go again. So we went to a movie and then went and got the kids. It was such a fun date. It brought back so many memories and made a ton more. I'm so thankful for the dates I get to go on with Jake. We have so much fun together. It was his idea to take the lift that led to the monster hill, and I feel bad but at that one moment I did turn a smidgen ornery as I was fearing for my life :)







It was a perfect day. The sun was shining and it was so warm. It really was a great day!!




No comments: