It really was a fun dinner. We asked the kids if they know why we celebrate Valentines. And then explained it is a day that you show others that you Love them. We went around the table and told each other why we loved each other.
Then we just chilled and talked and tickled and then Dad left for the hospital the kids were in bed by 7:45, yep 7:45 and I watched the Bachelor.
Valentines is a silly holiday to me, because I think we should let our loved ones know they are loved all the time. It's just another holiday to get people to buy roses and chocolate.
But I am thankful to have Jake as my eternal companion. He is the best husband that I could ever ask for. He treats me with so much respect. He loves me and he doesn't just tell me that he loves me, he shows it to me everyday. He works so hard for our family so that we can have a house, food, and have fun together. He is an amazing Dad. The kids are so excited to see him everyday. He is so fun with them and makes them feel like a million dollars. He is the best priesthood holder and is so strong in the gospel. I am thankful to have a priesthood holder in our home. He loves and honors his parents. He respects them very much. They raised a fine man!!! Love you Jake, you are the best, I am glad that you will always be mine.
I also love my children. There are days when I would love to give them away, but I would only want to do that for a short time. They bring so much happiness to my life. They are so full of love and mischief. They do and say the funniest things. If I cry they are concerned and want to know what is wrong. Most of the time it is just because I have read a news article and feel for a family or somoeones blog. I try and show them I love them, I hope I do it often enough. I am trying to raise them to be the best that they can be and to be respectful. I never realized how much school friends could change them from angels to hellians. Its a work in progress.
I also love my parents. They do so much for me. My mom is a huge example to me. She is such a service oriented person, I wish I was more like her in that part. She is always thinking about others, more so then herself. Her neighbors and our family are so lucky to have her in our lives. My mom is amazing and so talented. My Dad is also a great man. He is also talented and is great with advice when things go astray at the home. My kids just love to see Grandma and Papa, they are such wonderful grandparents.
And I love my sister, sister-in-laws, brother, brother-in-laws and Jakes parents. They are all so important to me in my life. They pull me up when I am down. They are fun to be around and they are great examples. I have so many wonderful people in my life, I am truly lucky. A lot of people don't like there in-laws, I was lucky, because I Love my in laws.
Happy Valentine's Everyone.





1 comment:
Looks like you guys have been having loads of fun lately!!! I must admit... your posts made me miss Vegas and Utah skiing!!!
Hope they get Jake's sleeping problem fixed soon! And glad you had a Happy Valentines! :)
Post a Comment