Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

It's a new year, I am happy ... we had a great 2009 and look forward to another wonderful year in 2010.

2009 was a fun year for us. We welcomed Kambria into the world and got to see her grow and develop into a 1yr old. She is so animated and so much fun, very different from Marshall, we Love them both!! They are perfect, I am happy to have 1 boy and 1 girl, and probably could be content with 2 children, but I know there is another child waiting, so one day that little someone will join us I hope. Marshall and Kambria are great friends, they are so cute together, they make our family so much fun. Jake and I really can't picture our life without them being part of it.


We took a family trip to Yellowstone and had a blast!! Jake and I went there for our Honeymoon, so going back 9 years later with our kids was a lot of fun for us. It brought back so many memories and created a lot as well.


Jake and I went to Disneyland for Mother's Day/Birthday and had a fun yet not so fun time. Coming home with me getting my gallbladder out!!!

Our family went to Long Beach for Jake's FOP Conference and had a blast. We spent one day in Disneyland, and many days on the Pier. The most fun to me was the day on the beach Boogie Boarding.

We celebrated our 9 year anniversary together. We are so thankful for our wonderful friendship and our amazing marriage. Marriage certainly has its ups and downs, but I couldn't ask for a better husband then Jake. I love him so much, and we have had am amazing 9 years together.


Jake was voted in for another 2 years as the FOP (Fraternal Order of Police) Midvale Lodge. I was very happy that he had the support and that he proved he could do a good job! He took over mid year and has turned so many things for the better at Midvale Police. you really need an honest, fair, level headed person that can communicate with the administration, and that is what Jake gives them. He works many hours of his own time, to come up with ideas and suggestions to better the work place, and I am so proud of him for being willing and wanting to do that. For Jake Midvale is his career, so why not work hard to make it a good place to work at.

We had A fantastic Thanksgiving and a relaxing and wonderful Christmas.

And this list is just a small recap of all the many and wonderful things that 2009 brought us!

A few things that we are certain for in 2010:

A super fun trip to Cancun for Our 10 year anniversary!!!!

Marshall will start Kindergarten (so weird to me, he just isn't that old, but super smart .. he will do awesome.)

And the rest will be a mystery, but will be full of fun memories I am sure. I hope everyone had a good New Years Day, we did!!!

That's all for now. The next post will be after Cancun, unless something super wonderful happens and I just have to post it. It's late, and bed is calling my name. Jake was called out on an officer involved shooting, so I am waiting for him to come home but it is going to be a long time, so to sleep I go. The world is scary ... and the more scary the world becomes, the more scary Jake's job becomes. I know he loves his job, and that he has the spirit to guide and protect him ... that is a HUGE comfort! I just wish people would stop being so crazy ... but I suppose it is going to get a lot worse, and a lot more death and destruction. It is weird that when I was young, crime wasn't that bad, we would go ride our bikes to the candy store 10+ blocks away with no worries at all ... with no cell phones. In this day and age, I am not so sure I would let my kids do that, too bad, it was a lot of fun!!!

1 comment:

Alison said...

2009 was a good year for your family. I am so impressed that Jake has been going to school and working. You have also been an amazing mom and finding creative ways to use your talents.