Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Well Child Check-ups

Today Marshall and Kambria had there checkups! The Dr was so happy with there progress and said they are doing great, he even went as far as to say Kambria is above average, that her brain is working really well!!! Yeah for my smarties :0)
Marshall at 5 years old:
his weight is 31.4 lbs which is a blazing 1.22%tile he has only gained 1.4 lbs in 2 years
His Height is 41.5 inches which is 22.64%tile he has only grown 2 inches in 2 years
The Dr wasn't concerned ... he asked how he eats .. I replied crappy! He is such a picky eater and is never hungry. He did mention that what we need to be better at is make a meal at dinner, and he eats EXACTLY what we are eating, if he doesn't eat, he doesn't get anything at all until Breakfast. He said it is hard, but that way Marshall will learn that he needs to eat! He also stated that once Marshall starts to eat good, that his height will jump up. He stated that he has no food in his system so it is not producing the chemicals needed for growth! But he was still not concerned, because he has always been very low on both weight and height. He said that his Hemangioma on his tummy is looking good. It could take several more years, but eventually it will be totally gone!
Marshall is very smart. At Preschool yesterday he counted to 100 all by himself. The teacher was very proud of him as were Jake and I. Marshall will go into Kindergarten this year and is very excited for that.

Kambria at 1year:
Kambria weighs 21 lbs and is at 45.91%tile she actually lost weight from 1 week ago!
Kambria is 29 inches long at 48.21%tile she has grown 1.5 inches in 3 months
Kambria's head circumference is 18" at 70.18%tile
She is doing so good. She is walking very well all of a sudden. She says: mama, dada, uh-oh, thank you, boo and a few others.
She will eat anything you give her.
She still loves her blankets and binky.
If you can't see her the 3 places to check are 1st the dog food, 2nd the toilet (yuck), and 3rd Marshall's room, she loves Marshall's room.
She loves mommy and follows me everywhere, It's nice, but annoying at the same time!!

Our kids are doing great, and we couldn't be more happy about it.

I am so emotional today, and not sure why ... I start my clomid today, but haven't taken it yet, so that has nothing to do with it. It could be a combo of The female deputy being shot and killed today, the K-9 dog being shot and killed a few days ago and saving several officer lives (I can only imagine how neat the little memorial will be for Koda, not sure I will go because I think I would break down), possibly the fact that the world is becoming so scary ... it makes me nervous with Jake in the career that he is in, and knowing he would risk his life for the life of another. But none the less I am thankful for all the officers in this country that serve and protect us, without them the crime would be even worse then it is .. kinda scary to think about that!!! Well only 22 more days until Jake and I are in the sunny warm Cancun! Wish me luck this week as I am sure my emotions will be all over the place :0) Next update to come after Cancun.

Also Jake's Uncle passed away today after dealing with Cancer for the last little while. I am sorry to his family, I know that losing a brother or sister would be very difficult no matter how close to them you are. I know that he is with him Mom and Dad again, and that has to be pretty neat for him, as well he is no longer suffering. Its always hard for those left behind, however we have the knowledge of the gospel and that in time will help with the healing as we know that we will see him again.

2 comments:

Lisa M said...

We are proud of the work that Jake does. He is a great example to his fellow employees and others. You are a lucky woman! He will be protected because you need him around....and Jon needs him for sure!!

The Cotton's said...

That is so funny, Clara and Kambria are almost the exact same size! you are so strong to deal with all you do with Jake's job. Have fun in Cancun! When I went there I was super emotional and it was not super fun at the time but looking back it was good. I am sure you will enjoy it though!