Thursday, April 29, 2010

Herriman Wind

Tuesday night was a windy one here in Herriman! We had wind gust from 66 - 100 mph.
Let me explain how our household was: Jake is on call this week, he cannot sleep and cannot take his ambien when on call. So on his on-call weeks he sleeps downstairs so that he doesn't hear the kids if they wake up. So we go to bed around 10:30 and it is pretty windy ... I can not sleep at all!! Around midnight it is sooo bad. I go down to ask Jake to help me move the fire pit and patio furniture to safety and he is sound asleep. Downstairs was so quiet!!! So I go outside in my PJs and carry the firepit into the shed. Put some toys and patio stuff in there as well. There are tons of shingles all over the grass. I go back and lay in bed and I can hear stuff crashing all over the place. I didn't go to bed till close to 2am and then was awake with Kambria at 6:30am. Luckily the kids slept through the whole thing!! I get paranoid, what if something breaks a window, what if this, what if that. Hoping we really built our awning good and the wind isn't going to blow it away!! So I get up with Kambria and I look out back and there are so many shingles, I am thinking this is not good. I look at the back roof and there are only a few bare spots, so I'm a bit confused. Jake finally wakes up and looks out and can't believe it was that windy .. lucky that he slept through it!! We go out front to look and this is our roof in the front:

Yep we are missing so many shingles. Parts are down to the plywood!! Luckily our insurance covers wind, so we will see if it is worth it to file a claim, our deductible is $500.00. The Adjuster came out yesterday and suggested calling a roofing guy for an estimate, he is coming today!!! And of course it is snowing today, that can't help the plywood!!

Gotta love this Herriman wind!









1 comment:

Winnett's said...

Holy crap!! I can't beleive it blew that hard! I wonder if your neighbors roofs were damaged! Let us know if you need help repairing :)