Monday, May 17, 2010

Our New Roof

This weekend Jake and some family/friends re-roofed the front of our house. Our insurance covered the cost minus our deductible due to wind damage. I didn't realize how hard it would be and figured we could surely be in favor of saving $500.00, so the boys went to work. It was so much more then I could have ever imagined. Our roof is pretty steep and it took two days to rip them all off and put the new on. After day 2 Jake was literally dead. Still recovering today!! But it looks so nice, I am so glad it is done. Us women and kids enjoyed playing outside, it was such nice weather. I'm happy to report that we had to many shingles, so we will have a small amount of extra money left over.



Here is Kam on the wiggle car.


Jake promised Marshall that he could go on the roof when it was finished, so he lived up to his promise! I don't think Marshall would do it again.


The old roof down below
And the new roof with Jake and Marshall!!


1 comment:

Winnett's said...

cute pictures! Who is that handsome guy in the red shirt? It turned out great!