Saturday, June 19, 2010

More Cakes

I really want to get good at making fondant cakes, and I have a long way to go. I really want to take a class, I think it would help me ALOT. So I am hoping there is a class in August that I can take, once the summer slows down a little.

My niece turned 8 and I made her cake. It turned out pretty good, and I had fun making it, and learned a lot from it!



My sister-in-law had placed an order for a cars cake with a friend from work for her nephews 2nd birthday and at the last minute the gal cancelled on her! She asked if I could help her and I said I could try. I was a bit disappointed, but it turned out okay. I really need help with a good Marshmellow Fondant recipe and then help with how to lay the fondant so I don't have stupid creases in it!!! Kim gave me the sketch the two of them had come up with and we made it happen. The Yellow fondant I just couldn't get smooth, it was so frustrating, but I'll figure it out!!

4 comments:

Korinne said...

VERY NICE!! I love them! I can get the fondant smooth, but I can't get the colors I want, nor the good stackable cakes. We should talk. Have a good weekend!

... said...

Oh my gosh! They look amazing saying that you haven't even taken any classes! Wow!!

Alison said...

wow, you are getting good. Where do you find the time to do a daycare, coupon queen, and make fun food. oh yea, your stinkin house is always clean too.

Amber said...

Your cakes look awesome!!! What a fun thing to learn!