Sunday, July 25, 2010
Bear Lake Day 1-4
We just returned from bear lake and we had a blast. I LOVE Bear Lake. This year we went up for 10 days. We got off to a rough start, but it was still a blast. We left on a Friday, the Thursday before we went to go and get the AC charged in the truck (it had just went out), and the truck wouldn't start!! We jump started it and headed into Draper, I was following Jake in the van with the kids. Well we only got to the river bottom before the battery started dying and Jake had to pull into Butterfield Ford. They looked at the truck for over an hour and did several things and then it just started working, it must have had a lose wire or something, and they didn't even charge us!! So Friday we were headed to the lake, we were on the freeway almost to Evanston, WY and one of our trailer tires blew. Not fun to change a trailer tire on the side of the freeway ... and then we had the joy of paying $125.00 to get another spare tire while in Evanston. But we made it up safe and sound and for that we are thankful! Our hot water stopped working the 2nd day up so we had to boil water to give the kids a bath and to wash dishes, but we survived. Our first 3 days were spent with My parents and my sister and her family. It was so much fun. On Friday night Kurt made a super delicious meal in the dutch oven, we roasted marshmellows and starbursts. We woke up Saturday and went down to the lake. My parents brought there waverunners, we spent the day playing in the sand and hitting the waves, it was a blast. My cousins let us use there kid ski and Marshall got right up behind the wave runner. He did so good until I did to sharp of a turn and made Marshall sink in the deep water of the lake. He was so scared, he was screaming and yelling to get him, and I don't think Jake could have got to him fast enough. Once he realized that he would just float if he held still he relaxed a bit. We did the same on Sunday. On Monday we woke up went to the lake for a few hours and played in the water and on the wave runners. My uncle then brought us out in the boat. I attempted to wake board and I could not get up for the life of me. So after 100 attempts I gave up and water skiied, it was so much fun. Jake got up his first try on the wake board and loved every minute of it. My family then left for home. We also brought up our bikes and went on many bike rides, I am 100% out of shape and I plan to start a serious workout now that I am home!!!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
How FUN!!! Sooo jealous! :)
Post a Comment