Monday, October 4, 2010

Utah State Fair

A week or so ago My Mom and Dad and grandma and me and the kids headed downtown to go to the fair. It was actually a fun time. We started by looking at the animals, Kambria was so onery for some reason and was so afraid of the goats!!! She would scream so loud. She didn't like the cows either. After that we saw the ponies and Marshall wanted to go on a ride. So I paid for Marshall and Kam and I sat on the haystack. The worker man came up and said to throw Kambria up for a ride since there were so pony's not being used. He grabbed her and I followed. I tried holding her on long enough for a picture, but that didn't happen. she was screaming and crying and wanted off immediatley from that pony!!!!

We ate dinner, watched a few shows, marshall and I went on the huge yellow slide, and we ate some dinner.

As we were leaving to go home there were 4 people coming into the fair on golf carts, dressed in suits. I looked but only noticed at first a young man. I said, I wonder who that is ... my Dad replied that it was our Prophet. I looked again and sure enough it was President Monson. He was being very funny also. He pointed forward and in a loud voice, yelled to the rabbits!! I was 99% sure it was actually our Prophet, so I asked the security guard and he confirmed it was the Prophet. Pretty neat seeing him at the fair. We get to see him at Conference but I made sure to tell Marshall how neat and exciting that it was that we were able to see him just out and about.

We had a great time, wish Jake could have come, but he was working. I didn't bring my camera, but here are a few pictures my mom took.











1 comment:

Amber said...

How fun!!!! I giggled thinking of Kambria freaking out at the animals :) How funny the things we're scared of as kids... who am I kidding...I'm STILL a big scaredy cat :)

Hope you guys keep having a fun fall! :)