Monday, February 9, 2009
Grandma Nielson
This last Week Jake's Grandma Nielson Passed away. She was diagnosed with cancer and passed away 3 months later. What a blessing that she didn't have to suffer long! Grandma was an amazing lady, I am glad that I had the opportunity to meet her and to build some memories. Every thanksgiving the entire Nielson family would get together for dinner. There were always a lot of people, but the food was always yummy, and the company was always great! The funeral was really nice, Jake's mom gave a talk, that was so nice, she had a lot of love for her Mom. Jake's Grandpa passed away many years ago, but he had recorded some songs and they played 2 of them at the funeral, it was very nice. He had a different voice, kinda twangy country, but I really really liked it. It was nice to be around family and to reflect on the memories that everyone has of her. It is comforting to have the gospel in our lives and know the plan of salvation. It is a wonderful feeling to know we will see her again and to have the understanding that she is in a better place. Marshall was really cute, as we walked into the chapel Marshall waived to the ceiling, Jake asked him what he was doing and he said he was saying Hi to Grandma up in heaven. Then he said, "When I go to heaven I don't think I will recognize her dad, because she will be young and perfect." Jake went on to tell him that he will know her. I love my family and I am so thankful for the Plan of Salvation and the comfort that it brings me when loved ones move on to a better place.














Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Sorry to hear about Jake's grandma. It's weird to be hitting the stage in our lives where we're losing people close to us. But it sounds like you guys are teaching cute little Marshall so well! His comment brought a smile to my face. What a sweetie!!
Post a Comment