Saturday, April 3, 2010

It's Official ... I'm an idiot

Yesterday we went to a friend in the wards home to do a little Easter egg hunt, it was a lot of fun! I needed to have a few dollars to give her for the candy and I had zero cash. So just before we drove over to Mountain America to withdrawal 20.00 from the ATM. So I stick my America First Debit Card into the Machine it spits out my 20.00 I grab it, then swing around to a teller and ask for a 10.00, 5.00 and 5-1.00's. Get my money and head to Angie's house! We have a great time and go home. Jake and I leave to go on a date.

Life has been pretty crazy lately, and with my medicine my emotions are all over. I feel down on myself and I am just plain moody! Jake is so good to me. He tells me he got me a little something for all that I do. He appreciates that I watch kids during the day to help bring in some extra money, and that I do so much for our family ... he really is so so so thoughtful. He gave me a gift card to my most favorite shopping store. I really have the best husband around!!

So I pull out my wallet so I can stick the gift card in it and not lose it. As I open my wallet I realize that my debit card is not in my wallet!!! Oh my heck, I am an idiot. I put my debit card into the machine and got my $20.00 and then just drove off! I didn't even wait to get my card or receipt from the machine ... ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!

So I am in a panic, about 2 minutes after I was at the ATM another car had drove up to the ATM, Oh how I hope this person was honest I am thinking. I quickly find the number for Mountain America, call and tell them my story, they informed me that after about 20 seconds if you don't grab your card, it will suck it back into the machine, oh relief, and then he states since it wasn't their card, it would also shred my card. Perfect!!!

So then I call my credit union and explain what happened. He checks my account and everything looks good, so I am 99.9% sure that is what happened. They have ordered me a new debit card and I should get it soon, I hope! It is difficult not having a debit card, I don't write checks, and I don't carry cash, so it will be an interesting week!

So the moral of the story, if you use the ATM, just be smarter then me, and stick around long enough to get your card back!! I am just thankful that people are so smart, and were smart enough to invent the "suck in of the card" so that silly people like me don't get there cards stolen!!!

Happy Easter Everyone!!!

2 comments:

Alison said...

I am sorry. I can understand life gets so hectic and we do crazy things. I am glad your card didn't get stolen. I love you and think you are doing a great job.

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Every one of us has done this at some point. No biggie!