Monday, December 20, 2010

Happy 6th Birthday Marshall

Can you believe Marshall is 6yrs old ... I can't.
We had the kids birthday party early at Fat Cats.
Marshall is changing so much. Some of the things about Marshall are:

He loves school.

He loves to learn.

He loves to count. All the time he will be like, "Mom 10 plus 10 is 20 or Mom 20 plus 10 is 30 and on and on.

He loves to create stuff. He gets paper, glue, my paper cutter and goes to town.

He is a master at building with legos and is so creative.

He loves to help Kambria. He loves to teach her.

He enjoys video games.

He is already a gentleman. When we go places he ALWAYS runs to the door and holds it open for me.

He loves his Daddy and wants to be just like him. he will repeat things often that he has heard Jake say. It is so funny and I love it!

He loves making new friends. He has really enjoyed that at school this year. I was informed recently while getting Marshall from school that he is now part of a club. The "J" club. when asked why J, he said because we all had jackets on and Jacket starts with J. It is Marshall and 3 other boys from school.

He loves books and is getting so good at reading. He can sound words out really well, and is really good at his site words.

He still says the cutest things, that just make me smile so big. He really is an obedient child. He is stubborn and has his moments, but once he realizes what he is doing and stops the stubbornness he is great. We only have a few moments when he has to be in timeout.


He is learning from other kids at school and is starting to act out a bit more. Like when I asked him to please not do something to his soda can and just throw it away ... he went ahead and did as he was, I said Marshall, he replied "I do what I want with soda cans", and then chucked it in the garbage can all rudely! But it is mostly my fault, I really need to be more consistent with discipline and I know if I am it will fix the problem quickly.

I love seeing Marshall grow up, it brings back so many memories of my life. I love that he enjoys school, and that he is making so many friends. I love the stories he comes home with. He loves his life right now, and I love that. I love when he tells me he loves me, or that I am a great Mom, or just gives me a hug. He is learning so much, what a fun time in his life right now is!!!!

We love Marshall, we are so thankful that he is in our family. He is a great kid and our family would not be the same without him. I truly am thankful that the Lord saw a need for him to join our family and be here on earth with us to enjoy our earthly journey. He is truly a blessing in our life, and our little miracle.

No comments: