Sunday, December 19, 2010

Marshall's Friend Party

Marshall has not had a friend Party so this was his first one. I let him pick which of his school friends and neighborhood friends he would like to invite. There were a total of 13 he really really wanted to invite. I figured being so close to Christmas and not many of the parents knowing me, that we would be safe. I honestly thought if 6 or 7 kids come that will be perfect. All but one child came to the party, so including my own there were 14 kids 6 and younger and the party. There were only 4 girls and 10 boys. Yes 10 5-6 year olds. It was so crazy and loud. But it was fun!!! I forgot to take a picture, but we had the party in the basement (the bat cave), so I got some paper and painted the entrance of the batcave and hung it on the door to the basement. We then played Batman, Batman, Boomerrang (Duck, Duck, Goose). The kids were so crazy with that game. As they came they were all given bat capes to wear. Thanks to my Mom for helping her not so talented daughter out :)


We then played pin the bat on Batman. That was rather funny. As you can see there was a long line, so some kids were in the playhouse sticking out the window and one of the bats would have been stuck to his face had I not directed the bat the other direction :)





Next we played Riddlers Relay. They had to put on a pair of Jake's pants, a hoody, a hat, and two boots. Walk down to the other side of the room, stack legos (which were a bomb), and bring it back to the next person in line. It was so funny. Kids could barely walk in the boots, the pants were around their ankles. It was a fun time.

Then it was present time. Marshall has some very generous friends. He got a lot of presents and all the cute kids were so excited when their present was opened. Thank you for the gifts!!!
Next was cupcakes and Icecream. I had made the HUGE cake for our family party, so for this party I stuck with cupcakes!

The girls were smart and teamed up at there own table to get away from the noise and burping going on at the other table.

I have learned that 2 hours for an inside party is WAY TOO LONG. 1 1/2 hours would have been perfect. So what do you do for 30 minutes you ask??? Get out all the nerf guns that we own (which is alot), and send the kids downstairs. They shot those guns and were so happy for the 30 mins.
Happy Birthday Marshall!!!

No comments: