On the 22nd Of December we celebrated Kambria's Birthday and a bunch a friends from High School came over and had a get together. It was a lot of fun!!! There were several people that thought it was weird we were getting together (I won't name names) or that it was a fake party, but it wasn't. I had a great group of friends in High school, we hung out most every weekend and we all got a long very well. Though our lives have all changed and we have all moved on in different ways and different paths, that doesn't mean we are not friends. I can honestly say that I care for all of them. I am interested to know what they are up to now, what the future holds for them, and to get together was such a fun thing. So thank you to Nate for planning it, it was great. My neighbors were all surprised by how many cars were in the circle. And each after explaining it was friends from High school would comment how they maybe have kept in touch with one friend from back then. I'm glad we have all stayed in touch. I truly had the best friends in high school. They were and are all great people, with good values and we always stayed out of trouble, and all that have gotten married have married such great people, that when I have met them, it seems as we have been friends forever also.
On the 24th we went to Jake's parents home and did our Annual Christmas Eve shin dig. We have fondue, exchange gifts and just talk and have a great time. This year we also did a white elephant exchange. It was so hilarious and so much fun. We always have such a great time with Jake's family. We got some fun gifts and had a blast singing Christmas songs and talking.
Christmas Day was just wonderful. I slept like crap because I was so excited for my kids to open there presents. (yes I know I am pathetic) I knew they were going to love it all, and couldn't wait to see there faces. So when 8am rolled around and I was already out of bed and they were still sleeping we woke them up :)
Our Tree after Santa had visited!!
Kambria opening up her first gift ... the biggest one!
Maverick having a jolly old time
Marshall opening his main present .. he didn't expect it at all ....
Kambria was so stinkin excited for her pillow pet, her reaction was so cute!!
Marshall was super excited for his Army guys in a bucket!!!
Then off to my Mom's house ... I didn't even pull out my camera (Dangit), we opened a few gifts, ate some delicious food and chatted.
Then off to Jake's grandparents house we went. We haven't seen them in a few years (shameful I know, but not my fault.) Jake's Grandpa is 92yrs old and doing okay, but we aren't sure how many more Christmas' he has, so we wanted to make sure to see him. They are the cutest, nicest, best examples ever. They have been married for 65 years. The kids took a while to warm up to them, but once they did, they gave hugs!!!
We tried to save money this year, so Jake and I got Utah Jazz tickets, headphones, and a Jazz shirt. However my Mom spoiled us as she always does and gave us a family night out box with gift cards and such in it ... so we have lots of date nights to do. I also got a new temple dress, temple bag and a super duper nice straightener for my hair. A beautiful clock, an electric frying pan from my parents and a gift card from Jake's parents. Jake also got a video game, electric toothbrush, and more.
We are so thankful for the holiday season and most of all for the Birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. We are thankful that he was born, that he came to earth and taught us how to serve and love. That he bled in the Garden of Gethsemane for our sins and that he died on the cross. We are ever so grateful for the Resurrection of our Savior, that we may follow his example and return to live with our Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and our family again someday. This is truly the best gift we could ever be given. It is wonderful to have the gospel in our lives and to know that Our Savior knows our pains, he knows our struggles, he has a plan for us, he will guide us, he will never give us more then we can handle. He will lift us, walk with us, carry us, and be there always for us. I am thankful that I have a testimony of the gospel, without the knowledge of our Saviors Plan, death would be pretty scary, but it doesn't need to be!!! I am thankful that I will live with my family for all eternity!!!
We hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and that you had time to reflect on the birth and life of our Savior, Jesus Christ!!





No comments:
Post a Comment