We just returned from Bear Lake and It was so much fun! We had several adventures on our vacation. The weather was good, but windy as well. While we were gone to the beach there was a large wind storm, when we returned to camp, our awning had been blown over our camper and needless to say, it broke and needs some repair. We had a fun time playing on the beach, other then the wind. On Saturday I decided to be a fun Brandy and played out in the water with Jake, whild Grandma was nice enough to watch poor Kambria. On Sunday ... my mom, Ary and her kids came up and we rented a 3 person wave runner, it was a blast. We also rented a tube that we could pull with the wave runner. I had forgotten the amount of fun to be had on a wave runner. While Jake and I were out we were jumping the wake from the boats, one was so huge it went over our heads and drenched us, it was so so so so much fun!! BJ and Nat rented a boat as well, I decided to try water skiing, I got up on my second try, it was a blast!! Jake got up like nothing and did plenty of tricks while he was out. BJ tried and got really close, I have some good biff pictures of him! It was a fun time with the Cutrights, I love to eat the food, chat and just relax. We got up on Thursday, Kambria slept horrible, the next day (Friday) Kambria was crying all day long and was really warm, I gave her medicine all day long thinking she was teething. We also thought she may be constipated, we checked and she seemed fine. She was in so much pain, so Jake gave her a blessing and in it he said something to the effect of helping Kambria feel better and to let us be able to know if she needed to be taken to the Dr. A few hours later I was changing her diaper again and there was a huge bump on her right butt cheek, I had not noticed it before. It seemed to look similar to a spider bite, but was super hard and warm and red. I really felt like she needed to go to insta care. She was also warm, but we didn't have a thermometer so we weren't sure what her temp was. Jake agreed and off we went. Grandma kept Marshall. When we got there they were closed but had an emergency number we could call, so Jake called and the Dr showed up about 2 mins later. Kambria was inconsolable and the moment he looked at her butt and felt how hard it was he became very concerned. He advised us that Kambria was very sick and she needed to immediately go to Logan Hospital. He kept telling us over and over that he was very concerned and how bad Kambria was and that if this wasn't taken care of immediately that it would become even worse and could become life threatening. I started bawling and at 11:00 at night we journeyed through Logan Canyon in the dark with lots of deer outside! Needless to say it was a bit scary. 1 hour later we made it to the Hospital. We told them how serious this was and they made us wait 1 hour until they called us back, we got back they took her temp and it was 103.5, immediately the dr and nurse came back ... This dr as well there was so concerned and made it as clear as he could that She is very sick. He said she may even have to stay the night!! They diagnosed her with Cellulitis. This is an infection of the tissues under the skin. Is caused by bacteria. Bacteria can get into a cute scrape, etc. The infection can be quite serious. They ended up giving her an antibiotic shot and an oral medicine and Tylenol and Motrin. Finally several hours later her fever dropped so they sent us on our way. We drove again in the dark down the canyon and returned to the campground at 430 in the morning. The gate was closed and we didn't want to wake up anyone so we walked a long walk to the trailer. The next day we had to go back to the insta care for Kambria to get a second shot. Kambria is doing better everyday, her butt is still super super sore, but it is looking better. I would say this was a horrible experience, it is really hard to not be able to console your child, to see them hurt so bad, especially when they are so little. And it was so hard to hear 2 different drs tell me how sick she really was and if not treated it could be life threatening was really hard to hear. I am happy she is doing better, its been hard, but slowly and surely she will recover. I am glad to have jake as my husband, and that he honors his priesthood, it is times like these that we grow even closer to one another, there is a bond there that can't be broken. I love my family and I am glad that everything worked out how it did. Thanks to Jake's family for helping with Marshall while we were out all night and for being so nice and helpful to us.
Bear Lake was great!! I can't wait for next year!!! But next year there will be zero problems!!
Marshall loved playing in the sand, our truck and trailer are covered with sand, but its worth it!!

I thought this was cute, he was collecting sea shells off the sand.

Love the fire!

SExy Man!! Love the tan line :0)

Poor Kambria, not feeling well.

Marshall loved the water

One of his many moves while skiing

The water is warm!

Tough Guy

Marshall loved the boat. He also loved the wave runner. Me, Marsh and Jake went out and Marsh laughed the whole time. We were going super fast and he loved it, not scared at all!!!

Paige, Marsh and Kayla in the boat.

Me getting ready to ski

I am up. Yeah for me!!

Yes I love my Ding Dong

Our set up

Kambria in the hospital

This was so sad. She is trying to cool down.

The first day, Kambria, Cadence and Papa ......

Good ole Marsh

In there pretend boats!
2 comments:
I heard you rented fun toys after we left! I am glad you all had fun.Great pics (as usual)
I heard you rented fun toys after we left! I am glad you all had fun.Great pics (as usual)
Post a Comment