Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My Marshall

Okay .... So tonight Jake is over volunteering at the Temple Open House, so Marshall and I thought it would be fun to go and get an ice cream cone and then try to find that new reservoir/beach area they built that's close to us.
So we got our ice cream and we started driving, I am not way good with directions, so I could get lost pretty easy. I have no idea where this is, just a general direction. We are driving in and out of subdivisions and I said to Marshall, I guess we should just turn around and go home, dad can take us later, cause I don't want to get lost. Marshall replies, "Mom its not bad to get lost, because all you have to do is pray to Heavenly Father and he will get you home!" I said you are exactly right, however I would rather not get lost, but if we did, we can pray and you are right Heavenly Father listens and he would help us get home. It was quiet for a minute, I could tell Marshall was in deep thought, and then he said, "Mom ... I hope we get lost", why is that Marshall, "Because I really want to see Heavenly Father" Well when we pray we don't see him I replied, he says, "That's not fair, I want to see what he looks like" So I explained how prayer works and that we can see him in pictures and then one day we will get to see him and how special that will be. Marshall was then a bit sad, because he thinks it is way to far away to wait to see what he looks like!!
I just thought that was so cute that he listens to what we teach him, he has heard us pray and takes that in. But I really loved that he wanted us to get lost, because he wants to see our Heavenly Father. I love my family, and I just wanted to write this down so I don't forget.

No comments: