Monday, August 31, 2009

Again??? Go Away!!!!

So a few days ago Kambria had a pimple looking thing on her bum, I kept close watch of it, hoping it would just go away. For the last 4 days it has done nothing but stay. This morning, it was fine, this afternoon I changed her bum and it was the size of a quarter, hard and red. I thought ... ARE YOU SERIOUS, this is just like when she got the Cellulitis in Bear Lake. So I immediately called and got her a Dr. appointment. I am sure glad I did, because sweet little Kambria has Cellulits on her other cheek!! The Dr. numbed her butt and then made an incision and drained it, He took a sample of the drainage to send off to the lab to find out what bacteria it is, to figure out why she has gotten this AGAIN!!! Luckily I caught it early. She is now on an oral antibiotic and it hopefully will be gone within a week or so. She is tough, you would never have known anything was wrong with her this time, unless you noticed the bump on her bottom. good thing for Dr's. we hope it goes away and stays away this time. It can be very scary, luckily we have caught it early!!!
Just in case you don't know, here is the definition of what Cellulitis is:

What is cellulitis?
Cellulitis is a skin infection caused by bacteria. Normally, your skin helps protect you from infection. But if you have a cut, sore, or insect bite, bacteria can get into the skin and spread to deeper tissues. If it is not treated with antibiotics, the infection can spread to the blood or lymph nodes. This can be deadly.

How is it treated?
Doctors use antibiotics to treat cellulitis. If the infection is mild, you may be able to take antibiotic pills at home. If the infection is severe, you may need to be treated in the hospital with antibiotics that go right into your bloodstream.

3 comments:

Winnett's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Winnett's said...

Oh man! I can't believe she has it again! I hope that it goes away fast!! Poor girl!!

Colin and Ranie said...

Goodness. Poor thing. I bet she LOVED that! Glad you caught it in time and hope it was the last!