Sunday, August 9, 2009

Harvest Days

Yesterday was Midvale Harvest Days and Jake planned an FOP booth. He did so much work. They had a dunk machine, and had a sign labeled, "Dunk A Cop", man did they make some good money. They also had a spinning wheel where you could win soda, water, candy or a toy. It was a good time. I forgot my camera, and man does that make me mad. There were 6 different Officers that sat on the dunk tank. They all had there peeps that wanted to dunk them. Those that they gave tickets to, arrested and some Dare Students!! I probably shouldn't write this, but man it was funny. This girl, probably 17ish wanted to dunk Huntington so bad, she was so antsy about it, finally Detective Huntington got up and she paid for 3 balls, she threw them all and missed so she ran up to push the button and an officer tried to stop her, it must have scared her because she peed her pants. It was so funny to me. She was so ready for revenge and really she only got herself wet :0) When it was Jake up, Marshall dunked him, Yes I threw a ball and dunked him, and several other people. The weather wasn't the greatest so the poor guys were so cold, but such good sports. It was a lot of fun, and drew a lot of good attention for the officers!! Everything went well, and they earned a decent amount of money for the Midvale Lodge FOP. Each year Jake brings our trailer over so that they have a place to rest and cook up some food. I think it was great. Jake is a trooper, he was up at 6am, and over to set up and didn't get home until 11pm. part was volunteer for the booth and 8 hrs was work. What a good man!! Well we are soon off to California, and I will remember my camera this time.


Also I did the Cry It Out method with Kam and it worked wonderous, she is a better sleeper and life is better. Marshall started Pre-K and really enjoyed his first day, he came home and said It was so awesome MOM!!

2 comments:

Lisa M said...

What is FOP? I love your blog BTW! :)

Our Family said...

Thanks Lisa. FOP is: The Fraternal Order of Police, its like a union, they fight for officers rights and they protect you if you ever need legal help. Jake is the President of the Midvale Lodge!