Makayla was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes when she was 4 years old. She is a brave girl. It would be very hard, she can't just eat whenever she wants to like we all can, when she goes to a birthday party she can't indulge in all the junk food, its not easy to have sleep overs, and you have to count your carbs each meal. Plus at school, she can't just follow her class to lunch, she has to go to the school nurse and have her sugar levels checked, get a shot and then join everyone for lunch. Poor Kayla. I have given her a few shots, and let me tell you ... she is one strong girl. We figure since she was diagnosed up to now she has had to have over 4800 shots of insulin. That is insane!!!! Plus several times a day I would say at least 6 minimum she has to poke her finger to check her blood sugar level. Lets pray that they find a cure and find a cure soon. Diabetes is scary, and not fun for anyone, but especially a child. Sorry for my sob story, But this is something I support 100%,l we truly need to find a cure!!
Here is Kayla's message!
Friends and Family,
I am doing the walk to cure diabetes in a few weeks. I am trying to raise money to find a cure so I don't have to have 4 shots a day plus 4-8 finger pricks a day. If you can donate any money I would appreciate it. Any amount will help, $1, $5, $10, $20, every dollar helps us get closer to a cure.
If you can donate go to http://www.walk.jdrf.org/ on the left side where it says donate a walker put my moms name in Aryanne Allred.
Thank you for your help.
Makayla Allred





No comments:
Post a Comment