Friday, November 13, 2009

I am Thankful!!

I love this time of the year!  I love that we get to be with family so much! I love all of the food (although my body doesn't need it :0) )!  I love the spirit of Giving, and I LOVE that 2 radio stations are already playing Christmas music.  I just wanted to write down a few things that I am thankful for.

1.  I am thankful for Jake.  He is seriously the best husband.  He treats me so good. He loves me, and he shows that to me, he tells that to me, i know that he loves me!!  He cares about me, and puts his needs aside at times that I don't even realize, just to make me feel better. He gives the best advice.   At times in our marriage when I have been on Clomid, and I have had 10 different personalities in 10 minutes, he has still loved me and didn't even get mad at me, he understood.  He was so kind and caring during the birth of both of our children.  He is sensitive, you may not see that in him, but he is and i love it.  He is my best friend.  I love being with Jake, we have so much fun together.  We laugh, and are silly, but we have a great time!  I love that he honors his priesthood.  I love that I can ask for a blessing anytime that i feel i need one, and he will do it, because he is worthy!!  I love that he was willing and worthy to serve a mission and give 2 years of his life to the Lord.  I love his strong testimony and his knowledge of the gospel!  He has good taste ... he dresses nice ... If I look like a nerd, he isn't afraid to tell me!!!  He is good looking, he cares about how he looks.  He loves his family.  He respects his parents alot!  They mean a lot to him.  He loves our family!  I could go on forever.

2.  I am thankful for our kids!  It took a long time in my eyes to get our kids here, but I know it is the way that the Lord wanted it.  I know that a lot of people deal with infertility and at all different levels .. I know that my struggle is nothing compared to others ... But to have disappointment month after month for years, you feel like a failure.  To have to be on medicine that makes you CRAZY, is hard!  Thankfully I am married to Jake who was and is so understanding and allowed my mood swings to not ruin our marriage in anyway at all.  To want to be pregnant so bad and have lots of people around you getting pregnant at that time, causes jealousy and hurt deep down!  But now i have our two kids and maybe another one down the road and I am so very thankful!  I love marshall! i love the silly boy that he is.  I love how smart he is.  I love that he will cuddle with me If I ask him to.  I love to see characteristics of myself and Jake in him.  I love to hear him sing, I love to hear his voice.  I love to see how cute he is when he is asleep.  I love that he loves to learn.  I love seeing him play with his friends.  I love that he enjoys to play with Kambria and that he loves her.  I lOVE his laugh!!!  I didn't think I could love anyone else the way I loved Marshall and then we had Kambria!  I love Kambria the same I love Marshall.  I love her little cheeks and thighs.  I love her voice, growl, eyes, cry, laugh.  I love that she watches us so intently and picks up on funny things that we do.  I love the times she will cuddle up with me.  I love everything about my kids.  They truly are my life, they make me light up.  They make me happy!!!

3.  I am so so so thankful for my MOM.  I love my Mom a lot.  I can't begin to name the many things that mom has done and continues to do for me and my family.  My mom would do anything for me.  She never puts herself first (even though she should sometimes).  And I can't even write this right now without crying, because she cares so much about our needs and would never want to watch us struggle.  My mom helps me with my kids so much! She watches them so we can go on date nights, she watches them so I could go on ride a longs when Jake was on the roads, so I can go to appointments.  She loves her grandkids as much as she loves her kids.  Even when us kids mess up, she still loves us.  I never understood how she could until I had my own kids.  My mom will come over and help me wash my windows, deep clean my house, do my ironing (because I am a slacker), help me make some food that I keep messing up so that I get it right, helps me make the kids birthday cakes every year.  Brings us food out of the blue .... I could go on and on.  Thanks for being such a good mom.  I know I can call my Mom at anytime to ask for advice, help or just to talk. 

4.  I am thankful for the Gospel in my life.  I may not be perfect, but I try.  I am thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ and our loving Heavenly Father.  I am so greatful that Jesus Christ died for our sins, and that I can repent of my sins to live with him again.  I am thankful that when I am struggeling I can pray for guidance and help.  I am thankful for the priesthood. I am so thankful for my membership in the church.  I am so thankful that I am married to Jake for time and all eternity, I couldn't imagine losing him after death!  I am thankful to be sealed to my children.  I happy for the peace and understanding that the gospel brings to me.

5.  I am thankful for our home.  Our home is not huge by any means, but it is exactly what we need.  I love the spirit in our home.  I love that we have a garage and a basement.  I love that each of my kids have a bed.  I love that it is OUR home and that I can decorate it and paint it how I want.  Each room is special, and each room has our touch to it, which makes our house our home!!  I love that we live in a circle.  I love each and everyone of my neighbors.  I love my ward, and feel comfortable at my ward.  I love the city we live in.  I love that Marshall has made some good friends in our neighborhood and that they are good people who I feel comfortable sending Marshall to there home.  I love that all of the things we have done to our home mean something because we have done them ourselves.  It means a lot more to us.

6.  I am thankful for Jake's Job.  I am glad that when we were first married that Jake had 100 different jobs in 1 year, and that he knew what he wanted his career to be.  And I am thankful that My Mom and Dad were in a situation they could help Jake go to the academy and get started on his career.  I am thankful that Jake likes his job (for the most part), and that he lives up to the oath that he made to protect and serve!! I am thankful he is honest with his fellowmen!  I am thankful that the spirit guides him to keep him safe. I am thankful that Jake provides for our family, and that his job allows him OT shifts so that I can stay at home with our Kids. I am thankful that I have a husband that people at work can look up to and learn from.  It really is comforting when you see all the drama that goes on in the world and workplace that you know your husband is honest and he will stand up for what he believes regardless of what others think of him.  I love you Jake.

7.  I am thankful for my family.  I love that I have a sister that lives close to me.  I love that our kids are friends and that they love to see and do things with one another.  I am thankful that we can help each other out as needed.  I am thankful that I can call and talk to her when I need someone to talk to during the day.  I am thankful for a brother that is becoming the brother I knew and love.  I am thankful that he has found Erin, she is good for him, I am excited for him to be a dad .. I know he will be such a great DAD.  I am thankful that we get to see him often again and that he can get to know my kids.  Marshall really likes him and I am glad that he likes kids and is cute with them.  And I am thankful for my Dad.  I am glad for the example he set for us growing up.  That he is a hard worker, and a go getter. I am glad that he is a good grandpa.  I am glad that he helps us when we need it.  My dad is a great guy.  I am not so glad that I inherited his stubborness, but i will deal with it :0)  My family is great.

8. Last but not least I am thankful for my In-Laws.  I really am lucky to have married into Jakes family.  There are a lot of people that don't care much for there In-Laws, but I really do like mine!! I am thankful for Jakes Mom and Dad.  They are such good examples to us.  They are so strong in the church, and are such righteous people.  I am thankful for all the help they have been to us.  I am thankful they allowed us to live in there house 3 different times.  I am thankful that they treat me good.  I am thankful they are so good to my kids.  I am thankful that if we need there help, or a blessing, or anything they are over as soon as they can get here.  I am glad we are able to vacation with them, they are so much fun to be around.  I am thankful for Nat and BJ, for helping us get into our house and being patient with us.  I know they have several times wondered why we suck with money or wondered why we do certain things, but for the most part they keep that to themselves and just love us anyway!!! I am glad we live by them, we have fun times.  I am glad that Marshall and the girls are such great friends.  I am thankful for Alison and Allen.  We don't get to see them much, but they are great to be around when we do.  And Alison is always concerned about everyone and wants to make sure things are good.  She is a good Mom, and Allen is a great example.  I just Love Kim and Ryan.  They are so much fun to be around, we have such fun times with you guys.  You remind us of ourselves sometimes.  You are giving, thoughtful and we appreciate that.  I am happy that Kambria and Cadence will grow up to be great friends.  I am thankful for Jen and Jonathan. I admire you guys for being so strong in the gospel and trying to do your best. Jake has a great family that is very close to one another and I love that.

Sorry for my rambling, there are many more things I am thankful for, but this is long enough!! Enjoy the season ...  know we will!

3 comments:

Winnett's said...

That is a nice post!! Thanks for saying those nice things! It almost made me cry! We are thankful for you guys too!! Love you!

Colin and Ranie said...

Love the post! You are a wonderful person and I am thankful you are my friend! And I love Nat too!

The Cotton's said...

That is such a great and heartfelt post! I am going to do one like it. You are such a good person and I am glad I know you!