Yesterday was our Primary Program in church. I have worked for about 1 month with Marshall on his part so that he would have it memorized and be brave enough to say it in front of everyone. The first day we practiced he had it memorized, but I would periodically ask him so that he would know it so so well and be brave enough to say it. Well Saturday we had a practice, he stood in line with the other sunbeams and all of a sudden he was getting teary eyed and a pouty face, so i went to him and said let me help you, but he wouldn't do it. After the practice he said, "Mom, if you take me to get a happy meal I promise I will say my part tomorrow." I thought yeah right, he isn't going to he is just way too shy, but I couldn't say NO, so I took him. We woke up early on Sunday got ready and Marshall was in a bad mood. You could tell he was nervous and everything was bugging him. I thought no way will he say his part! I am a teacher in Primary so I was up with all the kids. The Sunbeams all lined up, Marshall included, he had a smile on his face, it was his turn, he looked at Korrine (Primary President), and said,"I don't need help I can do it myself", he stood up and said right into the microphone, "My name is Marshall and I know that I am a son of Heavenly Father." Then he got down. I was so so so so proud of him. My eyes got all watery and I could have cried. He was so brave, and he kept his promise. The rest of the program he kept putting his hand up in the I Love You form and waving down to Daddy, Grandma Hall, and Papa Cutright. Anyway, just wanted to share that with you, I am so proud of Marshall and how brave he is getting. He is a shy little kid, but Primary and Preschool are helping him quickly become so brave!!!
Monday, September 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Hey Brandy, so good to hear from you! You're right, we haven't seen you in a long time! Hopefully someday we'll be able to all get together again! I love your blog, congratulations on the pregnancy and Jake's new job! We'd love to be added to your private blog so we can keep up!
Post a Comment