We brought snorkeling stuff with us, so today we decided we would walk down the beach to Puerto Morelos to the Beach we ate at yesterday and snorkel around. It was a nice walk on the beach and all was well, until we got about 2/3 the way there and saw a fence along a cargo dock, there was no way around it so we were somewhat stuck. There were houses all along the beach, some nice, some scary .... the ones right by us were OK, one looked abandoned to me, however someone lived there. So we walked between the houses to find a road to continue into town on. I was paranoid, didn't know what to do, was scared. As we were walking, a little girl came running speaking in Spanish .. Jake talked with her for a min (she was giving him directions on how to get to town), and then she so cutely asked for pesos, so we gave her 1. We walked through town, me still a little scared of being robbed, beaten etc. , Jake fine, totally feeling like he was back in Peru. We made it to the beach and we saw our tour guide George from yesterday. He gave us a sweet deal of 20.00 each to go out on the boat to 2 different coral reefs to snorkel. We took him up on the offer! It was a bit wavy, but I think what did me in was when we got out there, the guide said we would see lots of fish, stingray, barracuda that were 5ft long, and possibly sharks. OKAY, STOP MY BIGGEST FEAR IN LIFE IS SHARKS!!!!!
We got into the water and I immediately was petrified. I looked like a freak I am sure. I had my face in the water looking every direction and completely made myself Sea Sick. I was hyper-ventilating and got my leg on something, I had a stingy rash all over my thigh. I had to do the thing they show in movies where you have to pee on yourself ... true story, I had to pee in a cup TWICE, and pour it on my leg, talk about wanting to barf all over the place!!!!! I went back to the boat early, almost drowning in my state of mind, and watched the others have a nice time. Yeah not my favorite thing to do!!! But Jake had a lot of fun, and saw a lot of cool fish, a lobster, some sea creatures and enjoyed himself.
We then went back to the Resort and swam in the pool where I knew there were NO sharks, and then went boogie boarding.
Our Resort ... so gorgeous!
Walking down the street to get to the beach!
At a little restaurant off of the beach
No comments:
Post a Comment