Thursday, March 11, 2010

Like Father Like Son

Jake has decided that he would like to build more muscle. So he has been hard at it, with eating a lot of protein and working out hard! Marshall will go down with Jake and he will lift my little weights and if Jake takes his shirt off, Marshall takes his shirt off ... its really pretty cute!
Last night Jake and Marshall were having a conversation about protein, Marshall had wondered what Jake was drinking (protein shake), so Jake was explaining to him about protein and where it is stored in your body and that it helps build big muscles etc. Marshall was asking what foods that he eats have protein and how much, so Jake pulled out some foods and showed him. Then the conversation ended and we all went to bed.
Well this morning I asked Marshall, what would you like to eat for Breakfast? He replied as he always dose, what is there to eat? I answered the normal three options of Cereal, a waffle or a poptart? Then Marshall asks me, well which one has the most protein? So knowing cereal was easiest to pour into a bowl I said cereal of course!! Marshall said, Mom .... you have to look at the label thing and then tell me, so I had to pull all three options out and look at the label and tell him cereal and poptart both have 2g of protein, and a waffle has 4g. So he decides on cereal (yes waffle has more), and then says if he is still hungry after he will have a waffle. Does he really need to be just like dad?????
Even though in the mornings when I am still not awake and not at my most patient stage ... it was really cute that Marshall remembered what him and daddy talked about, and that he cared and wanted to eat protein! I think it is so great that Marshall looks up to Jake, because what a great example Jake is to him.
And then we have Kam, who this morning is tearing the house apart!!!
It's going to be a good day!

No comments: