Sunday, March 7, 2010

Cancun Day 5: Sunday January 31st

Today was our last full day :( in Cancun. It was pretty rainy as well, but that wasn't going to stop us. We wanted to go to Isla Mujeres but didn't want to spend a ton of money to get there (all the excursions), so instead we took a cheap taxi into Puerto Morelos to the Bus Stop, and then took the bus to Downtown Cancun to catch a Ferry over to the Island. Well little did we know the bus we chose went to DOWNTOWN Cancun, not tourist area CANCUN. Needless to say, Brandy, me, was a bit scared again. I felt like my day was to end, I was bound to be murdered. Luckily my handsome husband speaks fluent Spanish and that helps comfort me ALOT. We decided for OUR SAFETY we would take a taxi to the ferry so we got there in ONE piece. It cost only 2.00 US money, and it was a long taxi ride!!!

We grabbed some McDonald's and hopped onto the ferry. It was a nice ride over to the island! Once over there we rented a golf cart. It was AWESOME. We drove around the entire island in the golf cart. It was Beautiful. We drove over to the opposite side of the island that the ferry brought us to, and the ocean was amazing! We hung out on the Rocky Beach for awhile and saw several fish. It then became a downpour!! Luckily we were in our swimsuits so we didn't care if we got wet! We stopped for some food and ordered Nachos, they were true weird Mexican Nachos ... 4 huge chips with some black beans, weird cheese and salsa on each chip. Don't get me wrong, they were good, just very different then the nachos you would get in America :0)
We shopped through all the stores, got the kids a present, played on the beach, in the crystal clear blue warm water and then headed back to our resort. It was pouring rain, we decided to just take a Taxi back, and I once again, thought I was going to die! These peeps, they don't know how to drive ... I thought we were going to hydro-plane or spin out, I mean it was raining hard and he was driving like 90 miles an hour down the road, then slam on breaks to go over bumps. Needless to say, I am glad to be an American, and live in the USA. I would never have survived a Foreign Mission, I really am not sure how Jake did! The rest of the night we just chilled at the resort and enjoyed our last night there!!!
Did I mention it was pouring rain. We were walking through 6+ inches of rain at some points. My shoes were so slippery that I almost fell about 300 times. We didn't care about the rain, because we had worn our swim suits!

On the ferry

Jake driving us around the island
Me and my fat face! I am seriously starting a workout tomorrow 3/8/2010, so in 30 days, I will no longer have a fat face! LOL, maybe everyone is used to it, its been fat for so long, but say goodbye, you'll have to come back to my blog to see it after 30 days if you miss it :0)


The town


Watch out everyone, Brandy is driving now ... you are all in trouble.
What a hottie!
So so so pretty
On the beach
enjoying the water.

drinking my coke, we had some nachos.

the little cafe

1 comment:

The Cotton's said...

when we went to Cancun we went to this island too, and LOVED it!!!!! The golf carts are fun!