Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy St. Patty's Day!!

I have to say that St. Patricks Day is far down on the list of favorite holidays, but for the kids sake I like to do something fun for every holiday. Growing up my Mom was the best. She was always doing fun stuff with us. We had treasure hunts all the time. We always got to make and frost cookies, play fun games and I remember all of it. She made sure to do stuff with us, and allow us to have a fun time. So I have always wanted to be like that with my kids and now that Marshall is at the perfect age, it is so much fun!

On Tuesday we made clover cookies and then frosted them, it was a lot of fun! We had Natalie and her kids, Ary and her two youngest, and Alison and her kids join us!

Wednesday morning, I woke up before the kids and made them green clover pancakes for breakfast (the picture doesn't show the green, but they were really green.) Then that night Jake and I took Marshall to a Jazz game. He wanted to go to one so bad, but I just couldn't see spending 20.00 per ticket. Well one day City deals had a hot deal for this game, 9.00 per ticket, so we hurried and bought 3 tickets. It was such a fun game. We won by 20 points, and they stole the ball a lot and dunked it, it was fun!! Marshall asked so many questions because he wanted to know exactly what was going on. He would yell the .. GO JAZZ GO .. he screamed BOO, DEFEND, We did the wave, and it went around a good 5 times strong! It was a super fun night! When we went home, we had to find an ATM because we needed 5.00 cash. We got some money and then walked for a good 10 minutes on 3 levels of the parking garage at the gateway until we finally found our car. It was good exercise and by that point a lot of the traffic getting out was cleared away :0) Thanks to my Mom for watching our psycho Kambria and also for letting her sleep over .... I finally had such a good nights sleep!!!! It was pretty cute, Marshall had a hard time going to bed and was crying because he really missed cutesy Kambria as he calls her. I just miss her, why can't she sleep here! I really think he was sad that he wasn't at Grandma's house sleeping over!

Marshall really wanted a pretzel, so Daddy went and got him one. He ate almost the whole thing by himself. He was funny, he would be eating it and the Jazz would score so he would hurry and hand either Jake or myself the pretzel clap and scream and then grab his pretzel and start eating it again!!


The camera took forever to snap, and apparently Jake had an itch!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those green clover pancakes are awesome!!

Alison said...

Thanks for letting us decorate cookies with you. You guys are so much fun. Love ya